70l planted tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Allanhep

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have decided to go down the road of a heavily planted aquarium I have used soil as a base and sand on top to create a barrier plus sand is easier to vac I had originally inclined the substrate but my kribs have done a good job of leveling it off as they have made a nice few caves at the front of the tank. Now the aquarium I have is a superfish expert 70 that comes with a standard 8w light I have been looking at over head lights and not sure what to go with as I have never gone planted having oscars for so long in my bigger aquarium. I was looking at a white+blue led light 55cm-70cm 21w 960lm would this work in that size of tank.IMG_20171001_154343.jpgIMG_20171001_154324.jpg

I think traditional aquarium plant lighting is 2-5 watts per gallon. I don't know what the LED equivalent would be. You have a very nice set up. Good job with your aquascape.

LED lighting is measured in units of PAR (photosynthetically active radiation). Low light is 10-30 PAR, medium light is 30-80 PAR, and high light is 80+ PAR.
Does the light fixture have a make/model? PAR values might be published for it.

I had researched that led was done in PAR but there was so much conflicting info my head hurts lol. Its an ebay shop that I seen the light on no manufacturer name in the description I have screen shot the only info given as im not wanting to go crazy spending on the lighting as this aquarium was setup to house my grumpy albino krib.

Screenshot_2017-10-12-11-54-53.jpg

I would not stress it if the plants are doing well. PAR readings can vary based on how they are performed.
The tank looks much larger than it is. The crypt wendtii leaves put it in perspective. Lots of hidey spaces for the Karin.

Back
Top Bottom