75g Planted Tank Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just ordered 4 bags of EcoComplete and the Freshwater Master Test Kit from Petco's website. The $30 off $100 purchase made it well worth my while, essentially getting the test kit for free.

I LOVE eco complete! It not only looks great, it's easy to plant. Plus....no rinsing!

IMG_3086.jpgIMG_3087.jpg

EcoComplete and Test Kit arrived today, much quicker than anticipated so I'm fairly impressed. UPS guy complained about how heavy they were lol.
Put everything in my office to wait on the stand getting built.

Also, ordered the Planted+ 24/7 on Amazon today. Hopefully that will arrive next week.

View attachment 293200View attachment 293201

EcoComplete and Test Kit arrived today, much quicker than anticipated so I'm fairly impressed. UPS guy complained about how heavy they were lol.

Also, ordered the Planted+ 24/7 on Amazon today. Hopefully that will arrive next week.

Oh boy!!! I'm thinking about getting that same light for my 75g. Can't wait to see how it does! :popcorn:

View attachment 293200View attachment 293201

I have Eco-Complete in my tank. Great substrate. My root-feeders especially love it: they've taken off like weeds.

I have the older, non-24/7 Planted-Plus. I think you'll like it.

Spent a little bit of time today wrapping my head around how I want to scape my 75g... came up with this, then realized I didn't take hardscape into account *facepalm*IMG_3094.jpg

Oh well, I'll cross that bridge when it comes. Debating on type of driftwood, and whether I want rocks too...

Flora:

Broadleaf Chain Sword

Moneywort (Bacopa monnieri)

Corkscrew Valisineria

A. reineckii

Dwarf sag

Staurogyne repens

AR mini

Fauna:

7-8 x Boesmani Rainbow

15 x Harlequin Rasbora

15 x Cardinal Tetra

Cherry Shrimp (will start with about 15-20)

10 x Orange Laser Cory

Updated planned flora/fauna

Be careful with your set up and that ar mini, that will be the first place your algae starts. It's a big co2 eater and the lower leaves tend to attract algae like nothing I've ever seen before haha ;)

Be careful with your set up and that ar mini, that will be the first place your algae starts. It's a big co2 eater and the lower leaves tend to attract algae like nothing I've ever seen before haha ;)

I'll make sure to dose glut accordingly. Definitely will be keeping a close eye. [emoji6]

Plan out your hardscape first then determine where the plants will be.
You may go through several hardscape layouts before settling on the look that you like. This should be done before planting because you don't want to move plants after planting (you could but you risk root/stem damage).
Popular types of driftwood include manzanita, Malaysian, and mopani. Each offer a different look. They will require some prep ahead of time.
What makes a good scape? There are many opinions on this matter. One thing I've observed is the lack of symmetry in almost all scapes that catch my eye. When the left and right sides of the layout become mirror images of each other, the eyes are drawn to one side and then the other and back and forth. It's like watching a tennis match in that your eyes never relax and take in the sights.

Plan out your hardscape first then determine where the plants will be.
You may go through several hardscape layouts before settling on the look that you like. This should be done before planting because you don't want to move plants after planting (you could but you risk root/stem damage).
Popular types of driftwood include manzanita, Malaysian, and mopani. Each offer a different look. They will require some prep ahead of time.
What makes a good scape? There are many opinions on this matter. One thing I've observed is the lack of symmetry in almost all scapes that catch my eye. When the left and right sides of the layout become mirror images of each other, the eyes are drawn to one side and then the other and back and forth. It's like watching a tennis match in that your eyes never relax and take in the sights.

Thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it! [emoji4]

IMG_3117.jpgIMG_3115.jpgIMG_3116.jpg

Planted+ 24/7 arrived today, boyfriend laughed at me because I was as excited as a little kid getting candy on Halloween... definitely a little too pumped to get this show on the road.

Still waiting on the stand so I can get started.

View attachment 293307View attachment 293308View attachment 293309

Planted+ 24/7 arrived today, boyfriend laughed at me because I was as excited as a little kid getting candy on Halloween... definitely a little too pumped to get this show on the road.

Still waiting on the stand so I can get started.
That's the beauty of being a fish tank nerd! I got my new 24/7 SE today too!!1484424085301.jpg
Nice acquisition! Looking forward to seeing the tank develop. :popcorn:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom