75g Planted Tank Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's the link to the seller if any of y'all are interested... they have a few other pieces for sale I believe

Image1485899541.149878.jpg

Received some chems and bioballs in the mail today, won't be too much longer before I can get started on this tank! Pretty much waiting on the stand, impatient enough to start cycling it on the floor

View attachment 294189

Received some chems and bioballs in the mail today, won't be too much longer before I can get started on this tank! Pretty much waiting on the stand, impatient enough to start cycling it on the floor

If you have a harbor Freight, get a furniture dolly or 2 and set the tank on that with a board, a couple of well placed screws to hold them where you want them. Then you can at least get a layer of substrate, even if it isn't the full amount, and start running the media and dosing ammonia or using fish food.

For that matter you can even get it started in a plastic tote, easier to move around and won't crack.. you might be able to add all the substrate and run the filter. Head start! Might run a couple times around of duct tape around the top for stability of the plastic if you do add the substrate. Just a thought.

If you have a harbor Freight, get a furniture dolly or 2 and set the tank on that with a board, a couple of well placed screws to hold them where you want them. Then you can at least get a layer of substrate, even if it isn't the full amount, and start running the media and dosing ammonia or using fish food.

For that matter you can even get it started in a plastic tote, easier to move around and won't crack.. you might be able to add all the substrate and run the filter. Head start! Might run a couple times around of duct tape around the top for stability of the plastic if you do add the substrate. Just a thought.

Interesting thought... I'll run it by the boyfriend, see what he thinks.

IMG_3188.jpg

Tested my tap water today...

pH 8.0
Ammonia 0-0.25 ppm (leaning towards 0.25)
Nitrite 0 ppm
Nitrate 0 ppm

It is possible there is ammonia in your tap. The only time my API test has ever had an ammonia reading was during a cycle, and I've gone through several kits over the years.

It is possible there is ammonia in your tap. The only time my API test has ever had an ammonia reading was during a cycle, and I've gone through several kits over the years.

And that's what I figured too, a bit of ammonia in the water is no biggie and at that low a level I can deal with it.

Image1486058351.197820.jpg

Soaking the driftwood and running the sponge filter, kinda a 2'fer. Will probably add more water and a heater, but for now I'll leave it as this... need to get some duct tape cause it was bowing out a bit.

Spoke to boyfriend's brother about the tank stand... materials are all bought, he's just having a hard time finding a special clamp he wants/needs to do it.

Waiting is the worst. At least it seems he's taking his time and doing it right. Should be worth the wait!

Back
Top Bottom