75g Planted Tank Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm considering it, but also thinking about keeping the driftwood bare, I love the shape and am really looking forward to seeing the branches jut out of the overgrowth around it once all the other plants are grown in.

Ahh yes true! It really is a great center piece. I'm jealous that's for sure! [emoji106]

Did a PWC today and dosed Flourish. Fish all seem to be doing well, took back the one casualty to the LFS yesterday and exchanged it for a live one, added another 4 panda cories to make the loner feel more at home. Everyone seems far happier and more well adjusted today.

Aquascaping tools, new thermometer, new heater (old one must've shorted out, wasn't working properly), and root tabs came today.

Rearranged the scape today, tested the water.

pH: 8.0
Ammonia: 0.25 ppm
Nitrite: 0 ppm
Nitrate: 5.0 ppm

There have been some casualties over the past few days, trying to do a headcount based off who I can see... looking at about 6 harlies and 3 or 4 cories now. Hard to say for sure. About to do a PWC and call it a day.

Current Stock:
Fauna
6 harlequin rasboras
3 (or 4?) Panda corydoras

Flora
Bacopa monnieri
Hygrophila corymbosa
Limnophila aromatica
Pogostemon Kimberley
Ludwigia sp. Red
Rotala Blood Red
Rotala Colorata
Rotala Enie
Staurogyne repens
True Mini Xmas Moss
Hydrocortisone sp. Japan
Alternanthera Reineckii Variegated
Alternanthera Reineckii Rosaefolia

qqbuba.jpg

FTS from tonight. As you can see, I didn't change much. But I like it much better the way I have it now...

Sorry to hear about the casualties in the past few days. What kind of roots tabs are you using? DIY tabs? Tank is looking good though. I don't have any complaints on my Zacro thermometer. It's been a good one so far.

Sorry to hear about the casualties in the past few days. What kind of roots tabs are you using? DIY tabs? Tank is looking good though. I don't have any complaints on my Zacro thermometer. It's been a good one so far.

Yeah, I'm using DIY tabs, have used them in the past with great success, figured I'd give them another go. So far I like the new thermometer and heater. They seem to be doing the job.

Looking good! Just need that big old cylinder of co2 now [emoji16] do it you know u want to haha [emoji106][emoji23]

After the water change, tested the water again.
Ammonia: 0 ppm
Nitrites: 0 ppm
Nitrates: 10 ppm

Dosed Flourish and Stability... may pick up more fish this weekend.

Phew! Now I understand why people usually put the background on the tank BEFORE filling it! I'm pooped! Oh well, at least it's on now. Lol

FTS from tonight
4vjvox.jpg

If I ever move this bugger, I'm most definitely painting the back.

I just tinted the back of mine while doing a 80% water change. I used static cling tint. What did you use for your background?

I just tinted the back of mine while doing a 80% water change. I used static cling tint. What did you use for your background?

Just some black aquarium background I had laying around that I had gotten for cheap on Amazon a while back. Seeing all the wires was driving me crazy tonight so it was very spontaneous lol

Background looks good and brings out the color of the DW and plants.
Don't feel bad; had a black trash bag taped to the back of my tank for about 3+ years before painting it.

Background looks good and brings out the color of the DW and plants.
Don't feel bad; had a black trash bag taped to the back of my tank for about 3+ years before painting it.

Thanks! And hey now, even with the black trash bag yours looked amazing! Always have had serious tank envy for your tanks...

Tomorrow I'll be doing the same thing with my background. I'll be swapping the old solid blue one for solid black.

I agree with Fresh, the background brings out the colors of the plants well!

Minor rescape and trim tonight, mainly on the right side. It was bugging me.

nzhisn.jpg

But now I feel like the right side is missing something and I can't place what... hmmm. I know I want more star repens in the front there though.

Back
Top Bottom