810 gal tank for $3400.00

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

r6mason

Aquarium Advice Activist
I found a 810 gal tank for $3400.00 is this a good price?? I cannot find any tanks close to this size to compair.

Thanks
Mason

I am planing on having my house built and I want to put this tank in the wall.

Is it just the tank by itself? I would guess you could hire someone to build one into the wall for cheaper and it would fit more custom also. If it comes with everything then it might be worth it, I would guess the accessories for a tank that sive would have to cost thousands.

I agree - for a tank this size that is being built into a wall you are better off going custom, unless this tank comes with everything and fits your plan.

The bottom line is whether or not you are willing to pay that price for the tank in order to get what you want. If you are willing to pay it and the seller is willing to take it for this tank, then everyone is happy. :D

e-bay has big custom acrylic tanks.. and they will custom make one if you contact one of the builders.. I think there are 2 or 3 of them.. they could give you a quote.. HTH

Assuming 8.345 pounds per gallon:

810 * 8.345 = 6759.45 pounds. That's 3.379 TONS!

Can we say structural loading.

The size is 144X36 1/4X36 I think. Yes it is just the tank itself.

I will try to contact some custom builders to see. does anyone know off the top of their heads how expencive glass is. The tank is made out og glass. would acrylic be a better way to go.

TIA
Mason

acrylic weighs less, that I know... but when your talking about that amount of water, weight better not be an issue 8O

congrats on being able to afford/to get my dream tank!

How thick is the glass? I really cant belive someone built a all glass tank that big!! 8O
I would have thought it would be acrylic or a composite (plywood or concrete) type tank in that size.. No one on e-bay makes glass tanks.. you would only be able to get qotes on the glass itself and make a educated calculation on the labor.. or contact a company that does that kind of custom work in glass.. not too sure they would normaly do glass so the quote might be higher labor wise...
According to GARF the glass would have to be at least 1/2" thick for a tank thats 36" tall.. I would find out what kind of glass was used.. as well as how thick it is.. is it tempered glass?

what is og glass?

It is 12 feet long though.. that should help with weight distrubution..
That would be 103.7 pounds per square foot.. thats not too bad..LOL

Andos99 said:
Are you doing reef or saltwater? Check out this website.....

http://www.oregonreef.com/

This guy spent well over 20K.....good luck

This is FW general discusion right? ROFL... but yes the salt alone is expensive even if you buy it in bulk not to mention the added equipment cost of SW.. Im assuming its for FW.. there are plenty of fish that need big tanks in FW.. I can imagine it now!!! :D :D :D A harem of frontosas!!!! LOL

okay this is what I have now. After digging around on the net I found this company.
www.glasscages.com. This is the place where the guy bought. They have all sorts of tanks. I do not believe that it has overflows or anything I think it is just a glass tank. I have not seen it in person. Going this friday to check it out.

Back
Top Bottom