87o all the time?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krazymom

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is it a bad idea to just keep my tank at 87o all the time as a preventative against ich? Or is it bad for my fish? I am keeping it there till the end of June to deal with ich right now. All my fish are finally not showing white spots anymore :D but I know the ich cycles so I'm keeping it there for 4 weeks total.

I agree with Jchillin, 87 is a bit high. I would say no higher than 82. another thing to bring up, the higher the temperature, the faster your fishes metabolism will go, which means that they will need to eat alot more. they will also grow faster. as far as the ich goes, have you added any aquarium salt to the tank? that will also help cure and prevent ich.
~Corey

Hmm that is good to know. I didn't cause I read that salt is bad for my loaches and pleco. The heat is working. I will turn it down when the treatment is over.

yeah, the salt killed my clown loaches :cry: but i did a 90% water change to get the salt out after the white spots were gone on mine, i still have my tank at about 84 and am slowly lowering one degree every week (the highest i had it was 86)

Back
Top Bottom