8g Fluval Flora Journal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still waiting....

So I just got off the phone with Frank from ADG, he now says that the items I ordered were released from customs last night, that my order will ship out today and he says it will be next day shipping. I kinda feel like Im getting the run around, but Im just going forget about it for a couple days and go with the idea "it'll get here when it gets here". Haha if I keep thinking about it I'll lose my temper, just wish it would get here so I could start on the tank...

So I just got off the phone with Frank from ADG, he now says that the items I ordered were released from customs last night, that my order will ship out today and he says it will be next day shipping. I kinda feel like Im getting the run around, but Im just going forget about it for a couple days and go with the idea "it'll get here when it gets here". Haha if I keep thinking about it I'll lose my temper, just wish it would get here so I could start on the tank...

That's the exact attitude I took with my 12... Did my best not to get in a hurry, if you're gonna spend this much money on a tank, might as well do it right the first time and not get in a rush... It was extremely hard for me though, patience is not my strongest quality... :eyes: I still need to order my hang on diffuser and the tank will be complete! Or maybe I'll build some auto dosers too... :lol: HANG IN THERE BUD! :D

Yea I'm really disappointed with ADG. Every time i have talked to him its always "oh the shipment just came in yesterday and you'll have it by tomorrow", now several yesterdays and tomorrows have come and gone and still no package. He also told me the thing I ordered were out of stock but I specifically bought things that were labeled as "in stock" because I didn't want to wait. I'll be calling him again tomorrow morning to get my tracking number or to tell him to cancel my order and I'll call my bank. I could have ordered from the UK or china and probably got it faster haha

Yea I'm really disappointed with ADG. Every time i have talked to him its always "oh the shipment just came in yesterday and you'll have it by tomorrow", now several yesterdays and tomorrows have come and gone and still no package. He also told me the thing I ordered were out of stock but I specifically bought things that were labeled as "in stock" because I didn't want to wait. I'll be calling him again tomorrow morning to get my tracking number or to tell him to cancel my order and I'll call my bank. I could have ordered from the UK or china and probably got it faster haha

Yeah man, I ordered from the ADA website the other day and it shipped out right away. And they actually send you emails notifying you what the state of your order is, unlike ADG who didn't email me anything until I called.... :lol:

Bill.. With you say ADA website, you're referring to AFA (aqua forest) right? I just read a long thread on SCAPE with a ton of members with the same negative experience with ADG .

I really wish I had tried adana-usa.com instead, I think if I end up canceling the ADG order that's who I'll go to. Is this the site were all talking about?

I, too (I think we all) have had trouble with ADG. I ordered twice from AFA also and I got it in like 3 days. ADG took about 3 weeks give or take a few days lol. But I finally got the rocks I ordered :)

Guess I should have researched a little more... Didn't think I had to research something as simple as ordering from a company, that seems pretty straight forward to me. Oh well, got something in the mail today, not too exciting, but he another piece of the puzzle.

image-3200252668.jpg

I also cut the corners of my glass lid on the flora, just to prepare for lily pipes and a canister filter. On that note, which can do you all think would be the best for this tank? Right now its a toss up between the eheim 2213/2215 and a fluval 106 but I don't know many brands of canisters. I have a 406 on my 75 and really like it, but I always hear good things about eheim. Opinions? Suggestions?

Attachments

• image-1912247983.jpg
    image-1912247983.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 68
Yeah i use the 106 too. I like the priming feature and flow control. Those eheim cans are reliable and some diehards just love them... But i laugh when i hear they have literally put their mouth on the hose to start the siphon...whereas the 106, its a breeze with the priming handle. Plus in a nano tank, you'll appreciate the ability (if not your fish/shrimp) to be able to throttle the flow down without burning out the motor.

Jumping on the 106 boat....it's running my 6g :) Agree with everything Brian said. I also love that bubble counter! And I hate the green pipes the eheims have. They stand out like a sore thumb. But, lily pipes are always an alternative :brows:

Functionally, the fluval 06 cans are one of the few things I've encountered, that I would change absolutely nothing about. Well, maybe an on off switch so I don't have to unplug it during water changes... ;)

I do love my 406, the easy priming is great for starting it up, but honestly unless I completely drain the hoses, thanks to the one way valve in the strainer, I don't have to prime it after I clean it and I wonder if the eheim is the same way. I like the no bypass the eheim offers, but not sure if the two were put side by side you would notice a difference of the no bypass. I think I read somewhere online that if the eheim smaller canisters aren't almost level with the tank that their flow rates are greatly reduced, that worries me because I would like to put it underneath the tank in a stand some day. Any thoughts on that?

I can't fully recall, but isn't one of the smaller eheim cans use different size hoses for inflow and outflow? Something to consider if you go the eheim route. Not sure about your specific question though. I researched eheim at the time i was seriously considering them and didn't encounter the problem you mentioned. I think you can go with eheim or Fluval and you'll get a quality canister IMO. But I'm biased towards Fluval due to my positive experiences with that brand. I also think Fluval's customer support is better than Eheim.

Edit... Here's where i read eheim's Customer service lacking:
http://www.scapeclub.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19429

Last edited:
I can't fully recall, but isn't one of the smaller eheim cans use different size hoses for inflow and outflow? Something to consider if you go the eheim route. Not sure about your specific question though. I researched eheim at the time i was seriously considering them and didn't encounter the problem you mentioned. I think you can go with eheim or Fluval and you'll get a quality canister IMO. But I'm biased towards Fluval due to my positive experiences with that brand. I also think Fluval's customer support is better than Eheim.

Edit... Here's where i read eheim's Customer service lacking:
http://www.scapeclub.org/forum/showthread.php?t=19429

Thats really interesting. I may be confusing the article I red with another canister, oh well. I think I may try out the eheim just to see what theyre like, who knows maybe i'll find that i really like them, or maybe i'll find that I should have stuck with fluval, but at least Id know haha. When I researched the 2213 I didnt find that they have different hose sizes, looks like 12mm/15mm.

Called stupid Frank again at ADG, once again, I'll have it tomorrow. I flat out told him that If my order isnt in my hands by tomorrow then Im calling my bank, cancelling the payment and buying through adana, he promised it will be here tomorrow. Sounded to me like he might actually get it done this time.:banghead:

Back
Top Bottom