90 gallon setup and stocking mission

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I only see a substrate question and will address that for you. You can grow plants in play sand and many people do. The one thing is you have to use root tabs if you add plants like swords and crypts since they are heavy root feeders and sand is inert. So you have a choice of leaving the sand and working with the tank as is or go to the trouble of changing out your substrate.

Im sure petsmart might take em but who knows haha . The lfs cloesest to me is like 2 towns over and not having a car kills so i wouldnt be able to get there unless my friend goes there to do stuff with his saltwater tank.

Thanks rivercats u have been a big help. Ill take a look into the root tabs now then.

ive seen some people say online they will let you donate them but who knows i have a extra 30 gallion an 5 gallon if worst comes to worst.

Hey everyone long time no update so here is how things are going. Still raising my platy fry they have grown so much tho. 1 of my filters pooped out and i ended up breaking it trying to modify it lol >.< So right now i got a tetra whisper 60 , and whisper 30 running at the moment, I think tomorrow i am going to buy either a emperor 280 or 400 not sure yet. I have been stalling on stocking my tank with fish and plants due to money and ride problems but i have been really thinking it over and due to availability and fish quality ( the rainbow fish at petsmart look so crappy maybe its cuz there young or over bred who knows ).Here is the list and ill show u the aq advisor calculation, let me know what you guys n gals think?

My current stock is 1 angelfish , 4 platy , 3 Cory , 1 gold mystery snail.

Future stock : 1 Angelfish , 6 platy , 6 electric green tetra ( green white skirt tetras ) 15 cardinal tetras , 6 albino cory , 6 black kuhil loach and maybe a few more snails.

Tank is 75 gallons and my future filter setup will be like i said before a tetra whisper 60 , whisper 30 and a marineland emperor 280 or 400 . I also have a home made bottle filter which you can see in prior posts.

AquStockImage.php

It says i have Plenty of aquarium filtration and the filter capacity of that current stock is 159% with a 23% weekly water change

heres a video on the tetras there is a still picture at the end of the video... I love how mean they look..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElireVBwaj4

so i ended up going with a penguin 350 , was a little higher in gph then the emperor 280 but less exspensive then the 400 and they didnt have the same sale in store as online so i was a bit bummed about that but its alright just keep telling yourself its for the fish its for the fish lol. :fish1:I realize its a little less then the 400 and doesn't have as much room or the water sprayer thing but its alright i have watched , read and heard many good reviews on these also.

bummpppp!!

so nobody has any comments on stock or anything else? just wondering what everyone thinks of it. Also the new filter is still working great and the tank seems to be more clear then before. I ended up just filling up the 30g and putting the 7 platy fry they are getting so bigg! ill post a picture soon.

I have beeb following just havent commented as ibknow nothing about your fish except the cories.. lol i like the filter u chose i have the 200 midel on my 55 with a canister filter n another hob..

Oh n i like the angel i plan on adding some to my new tank as well

Stock

Stock looks good but if you don't plan on adding anything else you could put in maybe two more angel fish. If you do this make sure that they are all around the same size. Good luck!:)

I have beeb following just havent commented as ibknow nothing about your fish except the cories.. lol i like the filter u chose i have the 200 model on my 55 with a canister filter n another hob.. Oh n i like the angel i plan on adding some to my new tank as well

Thanks for following!! Here is a random question for ya lol what cory's do you keep and whats your favorite? I love the angel to and i want to get more i just need more room lol and money , such a great fish.Yea the filter looks really good , its made the water more clear then it was and i cant wait for the extra BB build on there.!!!:cool:

Stock looks good but if you don't plan on adding anything else you could put in maybe two more angel fish. If you do this make sure that they are all around the same size. Good luck!:)

I think im going to keep just 1 i dont want to stock to much an if i was going to get something else i wouldnt pick an angel. I really like them alot an kinda do want more but i kinda feel like he should have the tank to himself , hes my first fish ever. Who knows in time i could change my mind but i would have to find a big 1 most in places here are so small.

I keep albinos for the hubby and bronze (green)cories.. i personally like the pandas, peppered, false juliis, pgymy , and orange laser cories.. but we dont have the room for all those , cant find them locally or the hubby dont like them....lol never ending battle

Hello Guys long time no see !

Big update on this thread since i haven't been posting in so long... don't worry i been checking in still :]... Well i never fully stocked because of ammonia problems coming back over n over i ended up losing most of the platy fry that lived, they were medium sized fish tho no longer fry. The snail i had ended up under the dresser on the rug and i found it dried out :[ SOOOOOO aftter getting some more fake plants n stuff i decided to move the tank into this room since i spend the most time here and mostly just sleep in my room and you cant see it when you sleep so......

Tanks moved in here, Was a good move. Took out fish, sand , decorations water and moved the tank. Now the ammonia has been gone for weeks the water is super clear and fish are super happy. Think this might be from cleaning the filters ( not the good stuff ) but all the mulm that was built up and god was there alot.I still of course do a water change every week and test all levels and everything still fine.

Four days ago i added 8 red minor tetras to the tank ..... love em !!!!!. They dont bother the angel fish , platy or the cory. If the levels stay the same i have started my way to a 100% complete tank. I have come to my final decision on stock and just bought the Satellite led + waiting for it to get here now. After that ill wait another week or to and up the stock with the fish i decided.( i will add a link for the aqadvisor tonight )

I will be adding pictures once i get home from work of the tank in its current state.Hope everyone is still interested!!!.

Hey again all.

My brother is giving me his 90 gallon tank so I need advice on what filters , lights , stocking and anything else you might want to share.What kind and how many filters would you choose? also what lights would you recommend? I plan on using sand substrate I know that much already haha. I currently own a 30g with 1 angel , 3 corys, 3 platies and 5 danios also 2 mystery snails. So I want to try some new fish but I'm not exactly sure what i wanna do that's why i need your ideas ! I was thinking a planted community maybe. What would you do with that choice? Was also thinking maybe bigger fish and more aggressive tank. then theres the idea for a single main fish like a nice eel or puffer but what kind of tank mates could I add with them?I'm not to sure yet so ill let everyone put there 2 cents in and let's see what kind of ideas you come up with.

So I hope you all join me on this journey and ill add pics as soon as I get the tank to my house as well as when it has cycles and when adding the fish

Thank you and happy holidays to everyone

hey not sure if you have already stocked your tank and are all set already but i have some advice for you. If your looking for a somewhat aggresive tank you could look at african cichlids, they are very colourful, have wonderful personalities and have an average size of about 5 or 6" but some like frontosa's can grow over 12". for filtration i would recommend a canister filter such as the ehiem 2217, i am currently using it for my 90 gllon tank and it does a wonderful job (rated for up to 150 gallons) and is extremely quiet. Also for lights if you are looking for something bright LED's are the way to go, they are super bright, have multiple light settings for day and night and they create very little heat. For a substrate for african cichlids i would recommend some fine grain white sand because it makes everything pop out very nicely, but its a must to clean every week because debris stays on the top. hope this helps a bit :)

Yes i have already stocked semi full... ATM. 1 Angelfish (adult) 3 Platy, 8 Red minor tetras 2 Albino corydoras. Thanks for the idea tho arowana.

Also sorry for not posting pictures. I will for sure today guys i have been busy the past week so i didn't have much free time on my hands. I will do a water change and take some pictures for everyone today.. Its taking forever for the LEDs to get here tho... says by Monday or Tuesday sadly. :[ I just cant waitttttt!!!!!

Here is my future full stock give or take a few minor changes or number of each fish up or down.
AquStockImage.php

-Your aquarium filtration capacity for above selected species is 169%
-Recommended water change schedule: 24% per week.

Back
Top Bottom