Adding new tank mate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ztirf954

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am planning on adding a shrimp into my 30g tank w/ live rock only. I have a osc. clown a watchman goby and a lawnmower blenny. Do you think any of these fish will conflict with the shrimp? If not I'd love to hear some suggestions on which kind to get.
Thanks
Ztirf

Get a blood shrimp! They are awesome and not aggressive. Some people say they hang out in the caves but mine is out all the time.

Cleaner shrimps are another great one. Very calm and always out and about.

The only ones I would stay away from are pistol shrimp and coral banded shrimp. The pistol and your watchman goby could get along great and have a symbiotic relationship, or they might compete for burrows. It depends on the breed of watchman usually. The coral bandeds are cool looking, but are aggressive and have a high bio load for shrimp.
Let us know what you get!

Ya, I have a coral banded, blood shrimp, and a peppermint. I keep them well fed but the coral banded is a turd and territorial. While he doesn't bother anyone, he does get aggressive around feeding time. You don't have to supplement feed shrimp but I do him simply to keep the aggression down.

I would go with a skunk cleaner. I have one with two clowns in a 12 gallon. They have been getting along great!! He is a trip!!! I love watching him battle the clowns for food!!! Its like he can swim better than they can!!!

Very entertaining little guy and keeps your tank clean too!

Back
Top Bottom