ADF eating flakes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiweeangel

Aquarium Advice Addict
As anyone noticed their ADF eating flakes at the bottom of the tank if you put a bit too much in?

No my plecos and other various bottom feeders gobble them all up lol! Nothing stays @ the bottom of my tank long that's edible! :)

mine used to eat them. its because they will eat anything that is small enough that moves past their face. they have horrible vision so they will attempt to eat what ever they can

As anyone noticed their ADF eating flakes at the bottom of the tank if you put a bit too much in?
Yeah they'll pretty much eat anything they come across. I wouldn't keep them in a tank where you will add algae wafers or other tablets/pellets as they will swallow them whole which can cause bowel impaction. But some flake is fine. As long as you are feeding them frog and tadpole bites as well, and preferably also frozen foods.

My ACF ate anything and everything, including flakes! It's definitely not out of the ordinary. :)

sorry to be off topic but Morgie i love your BBG. Ive been looking for them forever but i cant find them. pm me

Homer8 said:
sorry to be off topic but Morgie i love your BBG. Ive been looking for them forever but i cant find them. pm me

It is a beautiful fish! Are they brackish? I was thinking of doing a brackish tank with some fiddlers and would like a a few to go with them.

Back
Top Bottom