advice on feeding peas please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ram897

Aquarium Advice Activist
Everyone always accuses me of cooking for an army (inherited from my grandmother cuz you never know who may show up. ;-)) so I need advice on how many peas approximately per molly. I just did a huge water change and I think I really stressed them out because they are all huddled on the bottom flapping their fins very fast and curling their tails. So i thought after they relaxed a bit, I would give them a treat.
Thanks

Did you remember to add dechlorinator and was the temperature about the same as the tank? If so, they might just be stressed from the water change, hopefully they'll calm down, just keep an eye on them.

I'm not sure how many peas per fish; I doubt they'll eat a half one let alone a whole one, although I have mostly small fish so maybe Mollys would be different. How many fish do you have? They'll probably just pick at it a few times if they even like it (some fish don't). I'd prepare maybe 4 peas (I put mine in a plastic container with some water, add a drop of dechlorinator because I'm paranoid and microwaver them for a few minutes then remove the skins; you might need to add some cold water b/c it'll be very hot lol), and then smoosh them with your finger so they split in half or quarters and then drop them in. Remove whatever they don't eat after an hour or so.

Sweet! Thanks. I did remember the de chlorinater and I use a python and set temp close to tank temp. 2 of them are still hiding in the back but 2 of them are up front now. Still acting a little strange but better. They aren't very big so I will start with 1 each.

I turned off the pump this time when I did such a large water change and I think it kinda weirded them out.

Back
Top Bottom