advice on filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a marina s15 that has a waterfall effect and a aqua internal 100 running on my 16gallon betta tank. Can I remove the aqua? As it was helping cycle the tank its been 3mths now or should I just leave both running. Thanks

Get aqua clear 20 works great when you add more fish keep 2 running

I was thinking on just leaving both as the marina isnt suppose to be good. Its only him and my two apple snails. Thanks

I was thinking on just leaving both as the marina isnt suppose to be good. Its only him and my two apple snails. Thanks
Marina filters are very good. Just adjust the flow and use good cartridges. Always use a filter that filters arround 50%-70% more then your tank size.
Ex: 20gallon, you would use a filter that filters 40gallons, or 50 gallons.

Marina filters are very good. Just adjust the flow and use good cartridges. Always use a filter that filters arround 50%-70% more then your tank size.
Ex: 20gallon, you would use a filter that filters 40gallons, or 50 gallons.

I use the marina slim cartridge's it takes three its an external filter. Not sure how much the s15 filters it doesn't say. Just didn't know if this filter would be sufficient, can't find much info on it.

I use the marina slim cartridge's it takes three its an external filter. Not sure how much the s15 filters it doesn't say. Just didn't know if this filter would be sufficient, can't find much info on it.
Its quite silent and good, my brother has an s20 for his 10gallon, and it works really well. How big is you're tank?

Its quite silent and good, my brother has an s20 for his 10gallon, and it works really well. How big is you're tank?

Mines a 16gallon I, ve used it before without issues, its definitely quiet. Just want to make sure it works on its own. I won't be adding anymore fish lol

Mines a 16gallon I, ve used it before without issues, its definitely quiet. Just want to make sure it works on its own. I won't be adding anymore fish lol
I would suggest the s20, but an s15 is fine as long as you put 2 cartridges/4 cartridges.

I would suggest the s20, but an s15 is fine as long as you put 2 cartridges/4 cartridges.

I use 3 cartridges at a time. Im finding both filter flows too strong for my betta so I think I, ll remove the aqua tomorrow it blows him about a lot. Cheers

I use 3 cartridges at a time. Im finding both filter flows too strong for my betta so I think I, ll remove the aqua tomorrow it blows him about a lot. Cheers
In marina filters, you can change the flow. Its written on the manual.

Back
Top Bottom