African dwarf frog foods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes! Try to get all of one sex, or 1 male and 2 females, if at all possible. They are hard to sex when they are real tiny, but the males will have a bump under their armpits and females will not.

I also have one more question how do you get the frogs to eat off of plates.

That method isn't going to work in your tank. The guppies and shrimp will clear out the food before the frogs make their way to it. And/or a nasty fight could ensue. If my frogs got to their feeding dish and shrimp and guppies were feeding at it, they'd probably end up being part of the meal!

I'd be afriad to accidentally feed a little bone. Otherwise..it should be fine, though I've never tried it.

Okay then because I just caught some yesterday and kept 1 to see if I could feed it to them thanks for the reply

Personally I would be a little nervous about feeding wild caught fish meat. There is a chance of introducing parasites. Freeze the meat you want to feed your frogs for a day or two before feeding to reduce the risk.

Okay I will freeze them and then i can cut them into bite size pieces and then could I just feed them 1 or 2 times a week this

Yeah, that's not a bad idea. In combo with other foods yes, they do need fed more than a couple times a week though.

I know I am planning to feed them this earthworms and frozen mysis or brine shrimp

Can you feed whole frozen brine shrimp with tweezers or are they to small.

Brine shrimp are tiny, so that's no problem, but you bring up a good point. When it comes to the fish, earthworms, things like that. The frogs have no teeth and no tongue, so they are prone to chocking. Make sure foods aren't much larger than brine shrimp. :)

I would be afraid that they'll hurt themselves trying to grab it from a metal tool. I would use a turkey baster.

Back
Top Bottom