African dwarf frogs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

freshfindles

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm planning on getting a 20 g long tank to house some African dwarf frogs. Before I go out an make any purchases I thought I should try asking some questions my reading just hasn't answered.
I plan to have this tank moderate+ planted with plenty of places for the frogs to hide, heater and the like. What I'm unsure about is what type of filter to use. I've read that the frogs don't like water with a strong current so what I'd like to know is should I go with a sponge filter? Air powered or by a power head? HOB filter? How many gph would be low enough to keep from disturbing the frogs? Any suggestions?
This tank is not going to happen for some time but this is a step that I'd like to decide earlier rather than later.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I use a hob that has a slow output...and I think it would probably be better to use an hob personally or maybe two small ones...or you could get a small canister filter with a spray bar

I'm a little worried about them being sucked into the filter with a hob, though I've heard you can cover the intake with cheese cloth or something like it for protection. I like the canister and spray bar idea. Thanks for the reply.

I have a internal filter in with my dwarf frog, it's a silent one and hes very happy

I'm considering going with an air-powered box filter with floss, maybe two. I've never used them before. I had tropical fish with a hob and goldfish with an under gravel filter and hob. Does anyone have experience with how well these perform?

I have the Whisper 2-10i 115Volts 60Hz
My frogs out and swimming around happily all the time ☺️

Ahhhh. I Googled. I was looking at that one not to long ago. I'm glad to hear it works well with your frogs! Thanks. I think you've made my decision a little easier. I've been fretting because I just want these guys to have the best environment possible when I finally get everything together.

I was nervous to! Hah but not now ☺️ glad to have helped! Good luck with your frogs! ?

Back
Top Bottom