aggressive tetra

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Randi

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just added a bushynose pleco to my tank today and one of my serpae tetras is nipping at it relentlessly. What is causing this behavior and how can I stop it?

By removing the serpea tetra or adding more hiding spots for the pleco to hide, the saying out of sight out of mind also refers to fish i the serpea cant see the pleco he wont go after it

OK, my 2 serpaes have become the first residents of a newly cycled tank. I am getting different stories about how many I need to have. Some say schools of at least 6, others say a pair is fine, the girl at the LFS told me that a school would gang up on other fish.
Any advice? (I plan on adding a few albino cory's but have no stocking plans after that)

6 and above is great because they will establish a pecking order in themselves and leave the other fish alone. Serpeas can also get really nippy and aggresive so i think maybe getting around 8 would be better for the pleco

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom