Aiptasia & Bubble algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TmeLrd11

Aquarium Advice Activist
Tomorrow I'm due for a water change and I would like some advice on removing aiptasia and bubble algae. I have 3 rocks that I have used to create a cave and all three have bubble algea on them. Two of the three contain have more than the third and have one aiptasia a piece. In the past I have used Aiptasia X but I can't seem to move slow enough to apply it properly. I have read that the best way to remove bubble algae is to use the siphon to suck up the spores with pulling it off. I was wondering if I fill a bucket with tank water and pull the algea of the rock while it's out of the tank, than rise off in the bucket would also work? I really don't want to have it spread and since there is probably more than I can see I thought I would try something different. If it does work can I do the same with the aiptasia? Just pull it of while the rock is out of the water? Thanks in advance for any advice you guys can offer :)

Siphon it out or emerald crabs will take care of it. You can make a thick kalk paste and put it over the Aiptasia hole when he retracts, or cover him with it if you get the chance. Turn off ph as not to blow it over anything else.

I have bubble algae come in on a frag once and awhile. I simply scrape it off when I have it out of the tank and take an old toothbrush to the spot where the algae was then rinse it off.

In terms of the aiptasia, either do the kalk paste approach (which I have never tried) or move slower with the aiptasia-x. I didn't do it right my first few times around, but got the hang of it. Even after I nuke one with the stuff I burry it in it since I usually have stuff left in the syringe.

Back
Top Bottom