Albino Ancistrus Babies from BrianNY!!! (Part 2)(betterpics)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lmw80

Aquarium Advice Addict
Madasafish posted the pics of the dwarf albino bristlnose plecos...here's mine...I will try to get better pictures later....these buggers are hard to get focused!

I can only see the 3rd pic. But it looks good! Aren't they comical? They're so industrious the whole time--scrubbing away at the surfaces constantly; far more than any of my other plecs...

I see you also have a problem with uprooted anacharis. That stuff would never ever stay in the substrate for me when I had it!!!

The anacharis I float for the gouramis and sometimes they get caught up in the rooted plants.

You should be able to see all 3 now, if not, lemme know please, thanks!!

I lowered the exposure to -2, and the pictures came out soo much better!

img_207084_0_98652fe4ba8013d0f364032ff82cd296.jpg

img_207084_1_b998283a0e9f2a461914c9c56a825694.jpg

They look great! I put mine in the 7 gal with a cory and a black phantom tetra. They are having a feast on the algae growing on the back wall. I just can't seem to get a good photo of them because of the bow front.

Mine have been very cooperative so far! But they shimmy off after about a minute. Just enough time to adjust aperture/shutter speed and focus for 3-6 good photos.

Great pics!

:D Great pics guys. Hopefully you each got a male. Here's a shot of the dad.

I want Albino Ancistrus Babies From BrianNY!!!!! :)

Great pics everyone thanks for sharing!

Thanks webmoose. :D Honestly, I'm going to have more plecos than I know what to do with. Once they reach a size that I feel is safe to ship, I'll send some out (you pay the air frieght).

I am so crossing my fingers that I have a male. I did some research and found out that they start showing their bristles around 9 months of age...so, I am going to have to be patient! (which I don't do very well!)

Those are very nice, couple of those in my 55 would look pretty neat. :wink: I haven't ever seen plecos like that, all we get around here are the normal blackish ones. btw good picture taking of those little buggers. 8)

One of Menegerie's favorite fish stores here got in Albino bushynose plecos babies yesterday.. He priced them at 16 dollars each and they look about an inch long. (month or two old?) He got them from a semi-local person that bred them semi-locally.. (City 3 hours away) I got pretty excited but I exercised self control and didn't do the impulse buy (yet).. haha

WOW. At $16.00 each I'm gonna make a fortune. *LOL*

Odd thing about this species is I've never seen them for sale in an lfs. I have seen the common ancistrus here and they command a fairly high price as well. About $40.00 each.

Good call on exercising restraint webmoose :wink: . I don't think I'd buy them until they reached 3 inches. They can be very fragile at that age. At 1 inch, I'd guess them to be around 2 months.

Oh the dilemma.... Wait 3 months and see if at least one of them doesn't sell or take the risk.. haha

At least the LFS that they are at is great about Fish guarantee's if I do break down and buy it I am kinda safe with his return policy.. (Menagerie they are at tanks incase you read this.. hehe)

What is adult size of these albinos?

Hey BrianNY let me know when they get big enough to ship and I'll take one off your hands...I'd like a male but I guess it doesn't matter. There was another person that was going to send me one on here but I haven't heard back from him...they are SO cute!!!

Mooooooooose said:
(Menagerie they are at tanks incase you read this.. hehe)
I only have one favorite LFS--I figured it out :wink:
I need to go down there--not to buy more fish, but some wood and look at the lace rock. I need to admit that I do not albino animals--the red eyes and lack of pigment freak me out. Sit tight Moose, perhaps you will be able to get those plecos by the end of next month.

Back
Top Bottom