Albino clawed frogs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That little guy looks awesome. I've had a total of 5 african dwarf frogs over the last few yrs. I currently have one.
Your frog looks a lot bigger than what my little guy looks.
How big is he? Size tank?

That little guy looks awesome. I've had a total of 5 african dwarf frogs over the last few yrs. I currently have one.
Your frog looks a lot bigger than what my little guy looks.
How big is he? Size tank?

This is an albino African clawed frog. A lot of people get them mixed up with the African dwarf frogs. The clawed frogs get almost the same size as a regular bull frog, wile the dwarf frogs stay small. The clawed frogs are very friendly and funny to watch but they don't have good vision so when you feed them you have to put the food right in front of them. Mine is in a 29 gallon aquarium with some catfish and another albino clawed frog.

I've heard you have to be careful with them because they'll try to eat anything that they think they can fit in their mouth, I've heard a couple of stories of people's ACF choking to death on a fish that wasn't small enough, or on gravel.

I've heard you have to be careful with them because they'll try to eat anything that they think they can fit in their mouth, I've heard a couple of stories of people's ACF choking to death on a fish that wasn't small enough, or on gravel.

In my aquarium I have medium size black gravel. I originally got my albino clawed frogs when they were about the size of an African dwarf frog. They know the gravel is not food I know it sounds weird to say but I think my frogs are really smart. I usually feed them those frozen brine shrimp cubes and they never try and eat the gravel though the the rocks are large enough to fit inside there mouths. I will always be carful and keep a watchful eye on them because you never know what can happen.

I think it was more the fact that they'd get a mouthful when trying to eat something else. Glad to hear you haven't had any problems with yours :)

I think it was more the fact that they'd get a mouthful when trying to eat something else. Glad to hear you haven't had any problems with yours :)

Do you have any frogs?

Nope, I personally don't find ACFs that attractive, ADFs are more my style. But I like reading about them lol

Nope, I personally don't find ACFs that attractive, ADFs are more my style. But I like reading about them lol

I also have an adf but I like the albino clawed frogs better because there larger and have a personality.

I have 4 adfs. 2 of which are mating. I have been reading up on breeding but feeding the young sounds difficult and I dont have the time right now but I may think about it in the future.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Do albino clawed Frogs have bad vision because there albino or do all clawed frogs have bad vision?

I have 2 albino clawed frogs... Easy to keep and are very cool... I feed them anything from shrimp pellets to live/frozen blood worms

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391922459.263914.jpg

HELP PLEASE!!!

My precious ACF escaped today, I found him 2-3 hours afterward, he was dried shriveled and covered in dust bunnies. I immediately put him into a small bowl of water where he promptly kicked a few times to let me know he was still alive so I cleaned him off and treated with Stress Coat and Pedialyte (1:1 with dechlorinated water) but he hasn't moved since and I am extremely worried now.

Initially he looked like he had severe sunburn, but now has started to look a lot more normal (it's been almost 3-4 hours since I found him and treated). Is he just in shock now?? What should I do?? I'm so worried I can't sleep...

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391922747.994965.jpg

This is him when I first found him and began treatment...you can see how different from when he was in his home tank (top of post...)

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1391922843.049803.jpg

And this is him now...I don't know what else to do...please help us

Jane

I think he looks better. Moving around any yet?

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No movement yet, is that normal?? I check on him every few minutes to see if there's been any change...

He has a very dark spot on his right side that I've never noticed before, I'm not sure if this means anything?

I don't want to lose him...

I'm not sure. I have ADFs. I know pink skin is bad, so I can only assume based on the pictures that its color has improved. Make sure your water temp is about 78.

Hoping someone with more experience will jump in.

He seems a little stiff...which automatically makes me assume he's gone...but I've read a lot of articles that say to give it 48 hrs and that stiffness can be from shock...so I'm still hopeful

I'm so sorry :( Mine are my buddies. I'd be so upset!

Back
Top Bottom