Algone...anyone heard of it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jake Larsen

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've been researching a lot of things in the recent weeks on what to do and what not to do with your aquarium. I found a web site that provided me with a ton of information and helpful hints. The website is called Algone. This site has a product that is all natural and says it can solve your cloudy water problems and reduce nitrates and ammonia in your tank. I read testimonial after testimonial and I have faith in this stuff. I bought enough to last about three months. My question to everyone is if you have ever heard of this stuff? If so, does it work, was my purchase worth it? Just wondering. I will know if it works and if it was worth it in about a week from now. So I guess if no one knows about it, I will very shortly.

never heard of it, but i would go with purigen instead, does the same thing and more plus it is more widely used and made by seachem which is a reputable well known company.

hi, how are you doing with algone? i had mine last week and it's been 5 days in my canister and hob (both on a separe 10g and 20g tanks). My experience wasnt bad nor that impressive. Initially, after a few hours upon dumping it in, i noticed a little cloudiness on my water, i used the activated carbon to clear it and it helps a little. I just checked it today and i noticed some slime build-up on the pouches, there's a stinky smell on it too like a decaying dead fish. Have you experience the same? Need your thoughts please.

Back
Top Bottom