All of the snails in my tank have climbed the walls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishStarter89

Aquarium Advice Regular
What does this mean? My ammonia is 0. My nitrite is 0. Do they climb the walls if the pH is too high because I've been having trouble keeping my pH down lately even though I bought some Seachem acid buffer. It doesn't seem to work for more than one day. I just changed the water two days ago. I really want my tank water to be perfect for my fish.

Snails are climbers in general....I really don't think there is a problem. I also wouldn't add anything to regulate the pH...as long as it is stable that is the main thing. How long has your tank been set up? Has it cycled yet?

If you want it to be perfect, I recommend you stop adding chemicals to alter pH. What is your pH without adding the chems? It is much healthier for the fish to have a steady pH, even if that pH isn't right in the "sweet spot" for that species so to speak. The fish can adjust. What stresses them out is when you add the chemical, the pH changes for a day, then drops for a few days, then changes again.

i agree with that statement fort384. there is algae on the glass and snails eat it.

Back
Top Bottom