All started when my wife wanted a Betta fish ( Greetings from Toronto Canada)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaifAli

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Okay guys , Just wanted to say hi.

So , it all started when my wife wanted a Beta fish that follows your finger which her co-worker had. So , I got her a Beta fish and next day I found a nice deal on a tank which I picked up for $75.00 , came with lighting and a few cheesy decorations and background which I removed except the boat in the tank which I just might remove once I have a nice rock setup.

It then went on to me being more interested in fish then her , I was looking at tanks , fish videos and how to take care of fish , taking countless trips to random fish store in Markham,Scarborough and Durham area in Toronto think I drove to 8 so far in the past week and half lol.

Yes I did a clean on the tank got a Syphon cleaned the gravel , got a number of fish. levelled the gravel just yesterday to a inch in the front which I like better now.

I have a few fish now , couple sword tails , electric blue rams , some guppies , school fish and Rose barbs and ofcourse the Beta which has his own little tank again after its flare fest in the tank.

Heres the tank anyway .... still trying new things to make it look better, any new advice would be great.

Im thinking of removing gravel and adding sand . Also thinking of removing the boat and adding a couple big rocks in a nice angle.

Any tips ?

Attachments

• IMG_20151001_213620.jpg
    IMG_20151001_213620.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20151001_213626.jpg
    IMG_20151001_213626.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_20151001_213632.jpg
    IMG_20151001_213632.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20151001_213648.jpg
    IMG_20151001_213648.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Welcome! The hobby is addictive, you may soon start to experience symptoms of MTS (Multiple Tank Syndrome :lol: )

Tanks look nice!

Tips? Plants!!

:lol:
That's a well stocked tank; there's lots of activity in there. That driftwood is super nice it seems like a shame not to get some live plants. You may like the look a lot better after but it is more work.

Welcome to AA!

If you only get a few live plants you dont. Have to worry about fertilizin and c02 thats in my experience anyway..

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I really think you will enjoy live plants too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Don't think I saw it mentioned but have you read up on the nitrogen cycle that takes place in aquariums?

Caleb

Welcome to AA! :welcome: I'd get some live plants in there as well. What I would recommend that you get are Java ferns, Anubias, and some amazon swords. These plants are hardy beginners plants that you will have success with (y) If you want to upgrade your lighting for some low-medium light plants (the stock lighting really doesn't work all that well even for those plants that I listed) you should look at this fixture for your tank: http://www.amazon.com/Finnex-FugeRay-Planted-Aquarium-Moonlights/dp/B00GH9HURE

Back
Top Bottom