Altum Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool, if you got that for 3bucks and it is an altum (looks like one but will be able to tell better when it's older), you stole that fish. I paid 16 each for mine. How long have you had it? What size is it? Very pretty fish. :D

I've had it for ~5 months. It was the largest angel of a group of quarter/nickel sized ones at the store. Now, It's about the size of a half dollar. Maybe 6" from fin to fin. I've seen more at that fish store since then. Mayhaps i should get more :).

Just took some pics with my cam phone (sorry about the quality) But you can see how bright the Altum's stripes are. Also in the first pic i was hand feeding them to try and get a good pic, i love how they will eat right out of my hands!, Those are the two im hoping will pair up ( i have one more, a blushing angel, but its still not as big as these two) Oh and don't worry about the cloudy water, i added about 8 fish at once and i think im having a bacterial bloom.
You can also click on the link in my signature (click to see pics of my aquarium) to see more pictures.

img_453086_0_673834b427ef385cbac91337e4a6cf9d.jpg

img_453086_1_26a1d74d0d577997cb562847b296457a.jpg

img_453086_2_76e626c9827d27be2a3d548864adcb14.jpg

img_453086_1_26a1d74d0d577997cb562847b296457a.jpg

oh and i also got mine out of a batch of assorted angels for only about $3 when it was about quarter size. I bought all 3 at the same time.

Very pretty fish Ashley. I've never seen or read about veil finned altums though. I'm wondering if what you two have may be a mix of an altum and a scalare. Being in a mix of assorted angels. They look so simular to a silver scalare til they mature. Perhaps you did get super lucky, just thinking outload. Mine are tiny compared to you two's. I can't wait til they look like this though. :wink:

http://www.discushatchery.com/gallery/adultaltums.html

Yeah, mine has all the right stripes, and i may have a mix, with just a part of the wild strian in it, i did notice its a veil angel and my other white one isn't. (Veil basically means longer fins right? LOL) Anyway, im very happy with it no matter what it is.
Those are georgous angels...

Yeah, veiled means longer fins. Your fish are lovely and look very healthy and happy. :D

Well, as long as we are admiring each others angels, here's mine (i know, you've all seen them before). I paid $12 for each. Had a terrible time with them at first, and lost a few. Now everything is fine, and I love them. boy do they put on a show when I enter the room! Hungry little guys.

Attachments

• pearlwhite4.jpg
    pearlwhite4.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 32
  • pearlwhite1_138.jpg
    pearlwhite1_138.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 34
Back
Top Bottom