Am i crazy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rdnelson99

Aquarium Advice Addict
Am I crazy or is this something growing on my LR. On minute I think it is just part of the rock and the next I think it is something growing.

Looks like mabey a coral or algea cnt really tell

I was thinking coral. That is as much as I could zoom in. It is weird. The structure is almost like a cauliflower. Nothing like the structure of the surrounding rock not to mention the stark contrast in color. While I have not "Poked it with a stick" as Carey would recommend :hide: it looks to be a hard structure, therefore if it is algae I would have to guess a type of Coraline algae.

Anyone else have any input??? No big deal but I am kinda hoping maybe I have a cool freebie. :)

I hate to ask, but have you touched it? Is it hard or soft? Hard would mean coralline and soft would mean a coral of some type. Again, the poke it witha stick approach can work if you dont wanna actually touch it. Don't poke hard, just to see if its bouncy or soft.

I was thinking coral. That is as much as I could zoom in. It is weird. The structure is almost like a cauliflower. Nothing like the structure of the surrounding rock not to mention the stark contrast in color. While I have not "Poked it with a stick" as Carey would recommend :hide: it looks to be a hard structure, therefore if it is algae I would have to guess a type of Coraline algae.

Thanks Carey. Because I knew you would be along shortly, I addressed this already. hehehehehe I have not had a chance to poke it yet but will tonight. I had a pretty busy night last night and really wanted to watch the speech (although I knew I would hear nothing new). LOL

Back
Top Bottom