Am I over stocked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tamtam

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've wondered on and off for a while what people consider my stocking.

Personally I think it's great. I have no issues with my water quality and though I don't have to I usually do twice a week water changes. I mostly just like to tinker with my tank. lol.

I'm running 2 Pengiun 150s with biowheels

My stock is

5 neons
5 lambchop rasbora
4 platy(1 M, 3 F) For now nature is left to take it's course if fry pop up but it hasnt' really been an issue.
and 1 sunset DG

Thoughts? Over stocked, still some wiggle room?

When I get my 50 and have it up and running I am debating moving some of these too that tank if they work with the stock I choose.

How big does the Gourami get? With that filtration you could fit all those fish in a 20 without the Gourami

ugh, I can't believe I forgot my tank size! lol. I have a 20 high.

My plan I think is that when I get my 50 to move the gourami and platy to it.

How does the Gourami get? With that filtration you could fit all those fish in a 20 without the Gourami
How big? he's about 2 inches full grown. He's still smaller, perhaps inch and a half at most.
I'm also not sure if they are just naturally smaller but my 3 mickey mouse platy are far smaller than my red wag.

Its fine IMO neons have very small bioloads and you have good filtration.

Its fine IMO neons have very small bioloads and you have good filtration.

I really have no issues with water quality. Ammo and nitrite at 0 and nitrates usually stick around 10-15. I mostly worried about space wise for the fish but even then everyone seems great. I know it's hard to tell what a fish is really feeling but everyone seems very happy. No aggression with my gourami, he even has his "spot" but never cares if the other fish go poking into his cave. My schoolers often are comfortable enough to go off on their own exploring.

I've just been in a debate with myself on if I should move some to my 50 gallon when I get it or if I want to leave this tank as is. I've debated moving to gourami and platies and working around that to stock. Or moving the gourami and rasbora and getting some more platy in the 20.

I figured I'd see how some others felt about my tank and if people thought it could be an issue then I would lean more towards moving some when the new tank comes.

I would say move the platys, then I think you are fine. That takes out the majority of your bio load and then gives your other fish more room.

Personally I don't see a problem. As long as they get abiggger tank in the future that's fine.

my gourami is still maturing, possibly my mickey mouse platies as well.

I'm not certain on them as I just compare them in size to my red wag which is a lot bigger. She's just slightly longer than them but a lot rounder. My mickeys are very slender compared to her.

Back
Top Bottom