amazing community tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chicago-dreamwork-aquatic

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hey guys this is only my second post on this site! thought i share with you all my 3 year build from a simple 30 gal with over head to now a custom filter that was my first post. its now a huge community tank that has over 30 fish i believe. here i will try an list them out except some tetra types idk but will post more pics in threads.

1-large albino rainbow shark
2- medium rainbow sharks
2- medium redtail sharks
2- killah fish ones fat ones skinny
2- large red groumis rehomed from a friends tank
2 large-ish rainbows rehomed from friend
then about 20 tetras from 2 congos to 2 blood tetras an some common red ones an some littler ones just abunch of **** tetras like i have 2 schools of 5 then 2 othere of in there own corner an then this other little one that was rehomed well majority where rehomed from my friends tan but going on. no joke tho 20 tetras
2- cory cats one bigger then other
1- pleco very large but mysterious
1- catfish about 1.5 in silver black dots idk name
1- upside cat fish very random fish lol but cool
oh ya an i just added a small powder blue groumi

now here are my pics the one with the grass was my old setup with one magnum 350 filter. an the new one is a little better
must say my bio load on the 2 filters can probably handle a 100 gal tank an the pump can too video in hd soon to come email if an questions.

Attachments

• Wheeling-20110211-00193.jpg
    Wheeling-20110211-00193.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 541
  • Wheeling-20110211-00192.jpg
    Wheeling-20110211-00192.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 491
  • IMG-20110206-00168.jpg
    IMG-20110206-00168.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 474
Beautiful tank, no doubt! That looks like a lot of fish for a 55 gallon though. I am a little curious to learn how your sharks are working out? I've heard that RT Sharks aren't compatible w/ another RT or Rainbow Sharks.

Regardless, of the overstocking and compatibility stuff, I really like the layout! (y) Any plans for a background?

well look at my filter post you will see why i can over crowed you can say. well with the sharks there are fights every once in awhile but they dont mess with any of the tetras or any peaceful fish only sharks but they dont show signs of stress just a fight once in awhile for a place in the rocks some scales fall off though. but my tank isnt a 55gal its a 30 gal an everything is sound an runs good

well look at my filter post you will see why i can over crowed you can say. well with the sharks there are fights every once in awhile but they dont mess with any of the tetras or any peaceful fish only sharks but they dont show signs of stress just a fight once in awhile for a place in the rocks some scales fall off though. but my tank isnt a 55gal its a 30 gal an everything is sound an runs good

Oops, I thought you posted that it was a 55 gal. :oops:

I'm glad to hear that you've had success w/ your Sharks, (minus the few fights)!

I have a RT Shark in my tank and he only gets twitchy when it's feeding time. He likes to chase the other fish away from the food. He started doing this recently after my Bala Shark died. They were always together and chasing each other... I guess he misses that?

Technically, he's not really "aggressive" towards the other fish, but it's more like a game to him. However, he really likes to bump sides w/ my Dwarf Gourami. Just a couple of days ago, I saw the DG turn back and chase the Shark. I guess my DG had enough of his crap. lol

lumpy you should see my feeding time the sharks dont bother any one else an its like a cichlid feeding fest every one groups up an go crazy for spectrum

Regardless of how powerful your filtration is, a 30 gallon only affords your fish so much space for swimming, territories, etc. There are too many fish in that tank.

Regardless of how powerful your filtration is, a 30 gallon only affords your fish so much space for swimming, territories, etc. There are too many fish in that tank.

+1.

If you care about your fish, consider taking some out.

Nice tank too many fish

That about sums it up.

+1.

If you care about your fish, consider taking some out.
What he said.... and she said, and she said, and she said.

Too many fish for a 30 gal tank. You have a few species that shouldn't be homed in a 30 gal tank by themselves, much less with 30+ other fish. It isn't all about filtration. There are many factors that should be taken into consideration when stocking a tank. I am usually not deputized as part of the stocking police ... I think there are usually a lot of opinions of what does and does not work... but you would be hard pressed to find anyone with experience who tells you that what you have going there is a good idea (or a responsible way to keep aquatic animals).

Boy that's a lot of fish... You said you've had them for three years? o_O

A single rainbow shark needs a 55 gallon tank AT LEAST! Much less three! And the red tails are the same way! Your tank is beautiful but you REALLY need to consider rehoming a few.

mfdrookie516 said:
Hmmm... I wouldn't either... except for the excessive overstocking. If you removed, oh, 30 fish it would be ok IMO.

But hey, the aquascaping looks excellent.

+1!!! dude, your tank looks good but the amount if fish in there is just NUTS! Half of those fish could be up to a foot long at full size!!! And the pleco even bigger!

The tank is beautiful, but WOWZA!! That's a LOT of fish. Have you thought of rehoming or upgrading tanks? I think sone of those should have separate tanks, just because of their size.

Damon Salvatore is awesome. Enough said.

Back
Top Bottom