Ammonia poisoning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

technosguy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can anyone tell me, how to cure ammonia or nitrite poisoning?

I already changed the water, no ammonia nor nitrite in water at the moment, still my fish looks sick.

What can I do to help it?

Just keep testing and be ready to do a large wc if levels climb above .25-.5ppm. Some live plants, especially quick growing floating plants will help absorb the nutrients as well

Just keep testing and be ready to do a large wc if levels climb above .25-.5ppm. Some live plants, especially quick growing floating plants will help absorb the nutrients as well

Yes sir, that’s what I’m doing. Live Plants unfortunately aren’t available to me. I wanted to know if my fish will recover, if I can medicate it, I can see her gills got little inflamed too as well as other fishes, but she is the only sad one shrinking her fins and standing in a side, she looks sick.

Other fish despite the inflamed gills, they bounce here and there with full open fins, they don’t seem like they’re in pains like this ballon molly.

Just keep ammonia at a minimum and be ready to do a lot of water changes while the tank cycles.

You can use Seachem Prime to detox the ammonia , but if their gills are red and they are acting funny I think it is too late . I don't think there is any way back from severe ammonia poisoning . Someone else chime in if I am wrong .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom