And I start!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So the tank has been free of fish for 3 days shy of four weeks. And now I have green hair algae growing all over the rocks. I have added just a little bit of food every 4 days. I also have my gfo running, how could this be happening?

So the tank has been free of fish for 3 days shy of four weeks. And now I have green hair algae growing all over the rocks. I have added just a little bit of food every 4 days. I also have my gfo running, how could this be happening?

Are you keeping the lights on for any reason if there are no fish or corals in the tank while you get rid of the ich? Turn em off, and keep em off.

Also- why are you adding food if there are no fish in the tank? Stop feeding, as it is introducing additional phosphates into the tank (especially flake food, which has 8 times more phosphates than frozen food). That should help with your hair algae. After ich treatment, water changes will help keep back the hair algae (if done with RO/DI water).

I have snails, crabs, shrimp and coral in the tank. So I have my lights on the normal cycle for lights. I have also been doing a 10% weekly water change. I am not using any flake food just frozen about 1/4 cube every 3 of 4 days.

So today the tank has been without fish for four weeks. I AK so tempted to put them back in the tank, what do you think

I'm going thru the same thing man. 4 weeks for me today also but I'm waiting two more weeks even tho I hate it.

Hondatek said:
I'm going thru the same thing man. 4 weeks for me today also but I'm waiting two more weeks even tho I hate it.

I know I should wait for two more weeks. It sucks don't it?

So still have green hair algae growing and have not added any food to the tank for a week. Will adding a light to the sump help grow it there help? The sump is always dark so no algae at all.

So the three fish have been in the QT for 4 weeks and 5 days. I want to put them back in the tank, should ı?

Back
Top Bottom