And I start!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So I got my sump all set up. Now I am going to upgrade my lights and need some advice. I started a new thread and got no comments on it. I was wondering what all of you would buy if you were going to spend $300 - $400 on a new light. I am now thinking of getting a coralife 4 bulb T5 and spending some money on a fuge light, ATO, GFO reactor. What do you think? O and it is a standard 55 tank.

I personally love my AquaticLife 4-bulb T5. It's done me very well over a 54 gallon. I did replace the worn out bulbs with ATI special blue and blue pluses and its fantastic, even growing SPS with no issue.

Yea, that is the fixture I was planning than I said to myself that I can save $100 with the coralife fixture. And was going to use the savings for the ATO. I know if I get the coralife fixture I may regret it later. So I will get the aquaticlife and hold off on the ATO.

About two weeks ago I added this peppermint shrimp. It killed my feather dusted and the wife thinks that it is a camel shrimp. Can any of you tell me if it is a peppermint or camel?

ForumRunner_20120126_104936.jpg

jjamontan said:
About two weeks ago I added this peppermint shrimp. It killed my feather dusted and the wife thinks that it is a camel shrimp. Can any of you tell me if it is a peppermint or camel?

Looks like a peppermint to me. Camel shrimp has white lines all over. Yours doesn't. Also- the feather duster may have already been dying. Most cuc won't touch anything unless it's already on its way out I've got three Feather dusters and 5 peppermints that live together peacefully.

GFO (granular feric oxide) helps with phosphates in your tank. if you have any readings on phosphates and the extra cash then I would get one. :) I have two of them and have run them and they really knocked down the phosphates in a matter of a day or two.

Ok so going to buy new lighting in the morning. Should I buy a GFO reactor or a ATO ? What would you get? I will get each of them but not yet

50lb's of my rock were ReefCleaner dry rock and I got it for $105. Another 15 lbs was live figi rock I got local for $2.50 a lb.

You guys get great deals here in CNY we pay $4 a lb for live rock and that's 50% off. Dry rock is $3 a lb.

EriksFish315 said:
You guys get great deals here in CNY we pay $4 a lb for live rock and that's 50% off. Dry rock is $3 a lb.

Live rock is 9$ a lb here. If we are lucky on sale it's 6$

At all the lfs live rock is $6-$12 lb, but there is a guy I found 10 minutes from my house that sells coral and rock out of his house. Very cool setup looks like a small fish store. He has 800lb of live rock on hand last I seen. His prices are less than half of the stores I have been to in phoenix.

Yesterday I ordered a aquaticlife 48", 4 lamp fixture. Should get it no later than the 7th. In the mean time I have some green hair algae to fight with.

So about two weeks ago I sold the 405 I had on my tank. When I took it off I started to grow green hair algae. I guess the media in it kept it down? So I have a hang on the back filter sitting around and I am thinking that if I put some phosphate media in it I can fight the algae, till I get a reactor? Or is it a waste of money to buy the media?

I would buy the media and get the phosphates down as low as you can so the gfo can keep the levels low. :)

Back
Top Bottom