Anemone Selection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SpikeyThC

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey Guys,

I am looking at introducing an Anemone to my 45 gallon tall tank and i would like to know your suggestions.

I have been doing some reading and i would like something that perhaps my 3 clown fish can host with.

I dont want something that will get to big and i also dont want something that could harm other fishes as i add them.

I have done some research and i have noticed that when they feed they have sweeper tenticals.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Cheers

First off 3 clowns won't work out in a 45 gallon tank. Two will pair off and the third will be killed. Why do you want an anemone? if it's for the clowns, the clowns my not take to the anemone and second clowns don't need an anemone. Tank bred clowns may not even know what an anemone is.

I started out with 2 clowns...then my brother in law decided to can his nano reef and stuck me with the 3rd one as i didnt want it to die.

I didnt know that they would pair and kill. The 3rd one has been in the tank for almost a month now and is still going strong. (Actually swimming and resting with the other two)

As for the anemone, i realize the clowns may not host it but i do like the way they look. I would really like one in there even if they do not host.

Thanks.

How old is your tank? Be aware that your clowns are very young right now, so when they start aggressions you can intrude and separate when needed.
I ask how old because your best chance with an anemone is in a tank at least a year old. They don't like water parameters that are not steady.

What kind of lighting do you have on that 45g tall...and how high(deep) is it? Anemones need very strong lighting.

If you are going for the look, try a rock nem aka flower nem when/if your paramaters are excellent for awhile. They are hardier than most nems, but they still require research.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom