Anenomes?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

squirt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently got a pink tipped anenome because my LFS guy said that they are easy to look after. I am following his directions to the T! Today however, I came home and found it sucked in on itself and off the glass. :( Is this normal?? :? I fed it frozen brine shrimp just like the LFS said and it is slowly coming to life. My tank parameters are fine and I have enough lighting. Do i need to feed it live brine shrimp or something else.

Please help me!
Pam

Your condy will appreciate larger pieces like chopped shrimp, krill or silversides. All anemones will go through cycles where they deflate and then reinflate. Also they will move to a spot in the aquarium that suits them.

Yea, if you have a power head in the tank try and point it across the tank where it masks the intake for the skimmer and hob. also get a sponge filter for the powerhead, the WILL get sucked up into these, and it ain't a pretty sight.

reefrunner69 said:
All anemones will go through cycles where they deflate and then reinflate.
Not to argue, but.... 8O

Only if you feed them regularly which if the tank is being fed for fish, I would not recommend. None of the anemones I care for in either of my tanks are directly fed and they do not exhibit this behavour. The actually need to release the waste materials is very stressful on their system and can cause wasting and weeken their overall condition.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom