Angel Fish and Guppies together...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattoid

Aquarium Advice Activist
Has anyone kept angels and guppies together? I have 4'x18"x18" planted tank (not very dense yet - having issues). In it are:
2 juvenile angels (maybe 2 males?)
2 juvenile male dwarf gouramis
2 bristlenose (m&f)
4 cory (2 bronze 2 peppered)
4 neon tetra
7 zebra danios.
The reason I'm asking is I had 10 serpae tetras in there and they were extremely nippy to the gouramis and neons, and I really mean extremely, and this made the angels join in on the nipping of the gouramis and even the bristlenose. When I removed the serpaes, the angels went back to being 'placid' (I am aware of angels & neons but that comes later if I need to). Would like some colour and haven't been able to find German blue rams locally.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've heard several accounts of people keeping guppies with Angels in hopes that the angel would help limit how many fry survive to adulthood. As long as the angels are placid, they should be fine.

If you really want rams and you live in the US, look up yunite. They are currently running a special.

I added the guppies when the angelfish were adults. The angelfish were a bit territorial but I didn't have any casualties.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I added the guppies when the angelfish were adults. The angelfish were a bit territorial but I didn't have any casualties.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thanks, that is very promising. My 4 foot is lightly planted but I have just a few days ago started DIY CO2 and will start excel flourish tonight. I'll also add some more plants and wait a couple of weeks before getting some I think.

Back
Top Bottom