angelfish and neon tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kangarooooooooo

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a question..
I know that neons are the natural pray of the angel fish but if i bought large neon's, could they live together? it hardly looks like a large one could fit in his mouth. i kno the small ones do because my angels just ate one.

my half-grown angel ate an adult guppy, which is twice the size of a neon at LEAST.

and, uh... what's a large neon? i've only ever seen them relatively the same size.

well i mean adult. in the store they just call them small and large. and that really sucks. i was all excited to get neons. i hate angelfish now.

take back the angelfish and get peacefull community fish, like neons, cardinals, noen rainbows boso rainbows, gbr, br etc.

i can't take back an angel that's been in my tank for 3 years...?

and hmmm... there's no way to have neons and blackghostknifes in the same tank either eh?

*sigh i wish i could have them both living in the same tank. they are both my fav's...

Black Ghost Knifes need pretty big tanks, like 75 gallons. They get huge! Over a foot long! If you want the neons, just buy another smaller tank.

kangarooooooooo said:
i can't take back an angel that's been in my tank for 3 years...?

why not

any store would gladly take them off your hands, if your looking to get paid out you wont get much but and store will take them to resell them

oh i didn't know that. about taking fish back to a store.. and es i have a big tank for my ghost.
at what legth do you guys think a ghost knife would start eatting neons? mines only like 4 inches right now..

kangarooooooooo said:
at what legth do you guys think a ghost knife would start eatting neons? mines only like 4 inches right now..
As soon as he can fit them into his mouth.

oh ok..

well that sucks. because my two favorite fish are BGK's and neons. and i don't really want two tanks to take care of.. so oh well. it's a lost cause :(

Back
Top Bottom