Angelfish Rescue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LS1228

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello, I recently rescued this angelfish from a family member who had been keeping it in a half full, unfiltered, unheated 10 gallon tank for several months after the tank it was originally in broke. I have since moved it to a 40 gallon where it is currently the only resident. Given the conditions it was living in, I would be shocked if it isn't sick in some way, but I don't really know how to go about diagnosing it. The main things I notice about it is that it has very pale and translucent fins, it constantly hides in one corner of the tank, and it looks like it may have some fin rot. There was also a dead fish in the tank I rescued it from so I imagine the water conditions were awful. If anyone knows what issues could be affecting it (or if by some miracle it seems fine) I would appreciate the help.

Additionally, I am using an Aqueon Quietflow 75 to filter the tank, and am a little concerned it may be too large and have too strong of a flow. Should I swap it out for a smaller filter?

The pictures are of the tank that I found it in, and its current condition.

Attachments

• IMG_7513.jpg
    IMG_7513.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7541.jpg
    IMG_7541.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_7543.jpg
    IMG_7543.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 24
Do not change the filter if that filter is cycled. I’m very happy to see you rescued that fish. That’s terrible it was in such miserable conditions you did the right thing! As far as diagnosing it seems to be in pretty good condition not what I would expect. It’s fins actually don’t look terrible kind of the color they are supposed to be for that variety. I wouldn’t Medicare just yet and how long have you had it? Just keep the water quality extremely high like at least 50 percent weekly for a month and it should bounce back fine. It’s hiding I’m sure because it’s shocked it will come out and be a normal angelfish again also feed it a high quality diet it will bounce back!

Good to hear that it seems mostly ok! I've had it for just a few days, so hopefully it'll start to feel better and come out of its corner sometime soon.

Yah it’s fin has a few issues but it should bounce back give it about 2 weeks if it doesn’t bounce back I would suggest medicating with melafix

Back
Top Bottom