Angelicus Botia jumped out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

piao liang yu

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 60 gallon 48"x13" tank. The covers with lights pretty much cover the whole top. I only have it notched out in the back for the HOB's and the heater cord. Very little area for them to escape, but somehow he did. The strange thing is the only possible opening, albeit very small is in the back, yet he wound up in the front of the stand and tank. Luckily my dogs were acting strange and staring at it or I would never have noticed it. I immediately picked him up and put him back in the tank. He swam down and hid. I see him periodically. He ate a few thawed frozen blood worms when I put some in. He felt pretty dry when I picked him up to put him back in. I guess it is a good sign he is still alive and is eating, but the fall probably caused some damage.

What is the best thing I can do to help him if he is injured? He is very skittish now. If I walk by the tank he takes off leaving a dust of sand in the air. Anyway, any advice from those that have gone through this or otherwise is appreciated.

I have always used api stress coat for injurys, seems to work good

I immediately put in some seachem prime. I read somewhere that while it is mainly used for dechlorinating and detoxifying ammo and trites and trates it also can be used as a destresser. Is this true?

Also, clean water is always helpful in the healing process. Try keeping the lights off to reduce stress.

Good call on the lights. I had them on to monitor him, but not much I can do anyway. Water is clean. Did a 50% pwc about four days ago. Ammonia is 0, trite 0, trate 5. PH 7.6. Moderately planted tank.

Back
Top Bottom