annoying snails- plants getting trashed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

qwertie

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have not bought any snails so i assume that they were eggs on the plants they are little brown snailsabout 1mm across and my tank plants are suffering- today i plucked out a 'branch' off a plant and my tank now looks nothing like the previous photos where its perfect what should i do? I was going to get some clown loach anyway so maybe i should get them? I don't know- I want something natural so I can get fish asap.

here is what i've been taught and it works, before you put the live plants in your tank....soak them in warm water with regular table salt...its supposed to kill the snails and eggs and then you just rinse the plant thoroughly and plant it and there is a good chance no snails will pop up....and i would get some clown loaches they gobble snails up like a cookie :D

I had snails and got a clown loach and within a couple of days they were all gone. I was amazed.

Kimberly
58 gal planted tank, with one clown loach and more coming soon...

good, now im happy that the little plague rats of the fish word are going to die!! :twisted: :twisted: lol

Back
Top Bottom