Another cycle question. Please help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yankeeslover

Aquarium Advice Activist
Another follow up to my below question. 1 month old tank.. still no nitrites..ammonia is now around 1.5-2 ppm.. gonna do 50% water change tonight. Question is, do i keep changing all at once to get below.25 or do i spread it out over days? Plus what is a good chlorine out additive to add to new water bucket? I use the tetra safe stuff... thanks for help.

ok, back to back?

so all at once? and bring below .25ppm....and do i do it everytime its over .25? this wont hurt the cycle process if i have to change water daily or every other day?

yankeeslover said:
so all at once? and bring below .25ppm....and do i do it everytime its over .25? this wont hurt the cycle process if i have to change water daily or every other day?

Yes all at once. I would do a 50% water change, fill the tank then another 50% water change. Wait an hour and test. If still over .25ppm do another 50%, wait and test again. And so on. Test everyday and if it's at or over .25ppm do water changes to bring it down again. It will most definitely not hinder the cycle.
Make sure you use temperature matched water and use your dechlorinator each time.

Back
Top Bottom