Any Ideas for Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish_R_Fantastic

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, My very old 29 gallon Perfecto tank that I've had for over a year sprung a leak and I decided not to even try to fix it via resealing. Thankfully, someone just gave me a new tank. I thought it was 56 gallons but It's actually 55 gallons (I must've measured a little wrong when calculating). I'm attaching a picture. I have never done anything quite this big, so I'm a little intimidated. I ordered some eco complete black substrate to try b/c I want to try some plants in this aquarium. I have read that the eco complete should be used as a top layer but then someone who has aquariums told me it's really better to put it on the bottom. Anyone know which is correct, or does it matter?

I really want to turn this into an angelfish aquarium. I want to put in some taller driftwood b/c the tank has a lot of vertical space. Does anyone have any suggestions for a taller tank like this as far as setting it up for angels (plants, decor)? I'm excited about all the possibilities, just a little overwhelmed! Thanks for any help!:thanks:

Attachments

• Bo E. Robbins 044.jpg
    Bo E. Robbins 044.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 65
Look.into some bottom and floating plants also include some type of moss to put on the wood. I'd go and walk down a creek and find some nice long branches that will fit nice at an angle slanting upwards to a corner.

angels

nice hight on tank, angels will get big and most people do not take that into consideration, start with small ones 6 to 10, as they grow they will thin out, females will get red bellies, if you are looking to breed, always live plants and use grow light for plants, they like to lay eggs on slate placed upright in tank, they will become very territorial with babies, but facinating parents. my mated pair of marble angels measure about 8" from top of dorsal fins to bottom, they love hiding in the plants.

Thanks for the advice everyone! I was actually thinking about trying to get some slate to put in...good to know that it will work well with angels! If I do an angelfish tank, plants I'm thinking about are amazon swordplants, some type of vallisneria, and maybe anubias, java moss and/or ferns. I appreciate the ideas! I'm going to keep researching on angelfish and the environment that they will thrive in.

Back
Top Bottom