Anyone have pics of a low light, low tech planted tank WITH gravel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The 20 is black diamond blasting sand not gravel though

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hey guys here my tank, just dosing excel and flourish and jus changed the substrate about a week ago...

Hey guys here's my tank it's only 20g tall dosing flourish and excel running a flood light to see wat happens(don't laugh)
Changed the substrate about a week ago

Here is my 55g with at the time only 2x T5 Normal outputs.. and my 10g bowfront with the just regular white LEDS that it came with.. Both are very low light. I know it looks bright, but its just a regular output t5.. the PAR is on a extreme low end.. I don't dose ferts at all.

img_3188981_0_3b8def1d6691088a085ec398b151c89e.jpg

img_3188981_1_bd2bb34346c567d959b1570daa98ad37.jpg

It was a 55g grown with a dual t5ho aquatic life fixture. EI ferts and my DIY root tabs along with 20mL of excel daily. Black diamond blasting sand substrate

Duel T5 HO isn't exactly low light... and adding ferts and CO2 every day isn't exactly low tech either lol

Duel T5 HO isn't exactly low light... and adding ferts and CO2 every day isn't exactly low tech either lol
Might want to read the whole thread.. see below.
Does anyone have pics of established tank with success?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Low light? No. Medium light? Yes. It's gone downhill since then, but this was mine.

HVKc5E7.jpg

Oh wow!! Thats exactly what I was looking for. Very nice.
Could you please write out all the tanks specs and equipment you have?
Thanks

Also, low tech is not using pressurized co2 which is exactly how my tank was run. So in essence its low tech but high maintenance.

Once I find the place to subscribe I can post more pics ...

My gravel plus plants growing lush is a tank with no filter. The filter broke, I followed a suggestion to let it go without since its a betta tank, and now the water parameters are better than they were with the filter (zero across the board, no water changes) and the plants are like a jungle.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Photobucket is where a lot of people post. (If you mean you've run out of upload space- and I don't think I am far behind you)

Once I find the place to subscribe I can post more pics ...

My gravel plus plants growing lush is a tank with no filter. The filter broke, I followed a suggestion to let it go without since its a betta tank, and now the water parameters are better than they were with the filter (zero across the board, no water changes) and the plants are like a jungle.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

I see you're using iPhone. I use an app called Upgur. It lets you upload to Imgur so you can just copy and paste the link to anyone you would like to share it with. Just found it very easy to use.

29g Community

3g Betta

Wow some really nice tanks in here. Very inspiring!

This is my low tech 55gl tank no co2 I use the exel line liquid ferts and use root tabs from home depot for my swords the light is a t5 ho 4' long very low matenince ,hob filter. And this is my first tank with live plants fyi.

uploadfromtaptalk1427149628525.jpg

Might want to read the whole thread.. see below.

Also, low tech is not using pressurized co2 which is exactly how my tank was run. So in essence its low tech but high maintenance.

Hmm thread title... anyone have pics of low light and low tech tank.... T5HO with those reflectors isn't low low lighting in a 55g tank, that's 21 inch tall, and your gap which looks about 5-6 inches... Your par is right smack in the medium lighting, put it up against the tank and its high light.. My duel t5NO is low light.

Just trying to clarify things..

Candy no need to be rude yes its high lights, but as far as everything else its low tech. No soil no co2 just gravel so excuse me if I didn't meet everyone of his requirements, I replied to this thread to make answer questions anymight have of my success so far not to get dogged bc of my light.

Hmm thread title... anyone have pics of low light and low tech tank.... T5HO with those reflectors isn't low low lighting in a 55g tank, that's 21 inch tall, and your gap which looks about 5-6 inches... Your par is right smack in the medium lighting, put it up against the tank and its high light.. My duel t5NO is low light.

Just trying to clarify things..

Just to clarify things further.

1 - The OP asked if anyone had ANY success with a planted tank after nobody produced what he was looking for.
2 - I flatly stated it was medium light when I posted.

View attachment 268000

20long. It just has the light that came with it. All I do in that one is throw a root tab under the sword

Wow, I think it's awesome that with low lighting and just a tab, your plants look so lush.
So no fertilizers at all?
And what plants do you have in there?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Wow, I think it's awesome that with low lighting and just a tab, your plants look so lush.
So no fertilizers at all?
And what plants do you have in there?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Nope!! Just the tabs. 20l is the greatest footprint ever. More space but it is a short low tank so t8 is a lot brighter at the bottom than the others.

So the list of plants:
Big sword in the back. (Petsmart gel pack)
Anacharis
Dwarf sag
Pogo hilferi
Bacopa carolinias
Water wisteria
Willow moss
Java moss
Anacharis
AR regular
A small anubias nana
Duck weed floating all around
Star repens

I think having the back center the sword plant really makes it filled out.

Nope!! Just the tabs. 20l is the greatest footprint ever. More space but it is a short low tank so t8 is a lot brighter at the bottom than the others.

So the list of plants:
Big sword in the back. (Petsmart gel pack)
Anacharis
Dwarf sag
Pogo hilferi
Bacopa carolinias
Water wisteria
Willow moss
Java moss
Anacharis
AR regular
A small anubias nana
Duck weed floating all around
Star repens

I think having the back center the sword plant really makes it filled out.

Very nice, thanks for the info.
I started with a 40g breeder and two T8's one 5000k and one 6500k, some amazon swords, wisterias and anubias, gravel, root tabs and about ten hours of light. That lasted about a month till it exploded with algae. Cut down to 6 hours and didn't help. A year later after a tank clean up, I'm down to one T8 strip 6500k for 7 hours and the only plants left are a couple of the amazon swords and they are just fading away.
I don't seem to have a green thumb inside the aquarium :(

Back
Top Bottom