Anyone have pics of a low light, low tech planted tank WITH gravel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well algae comes from too much light and also not enough ferts. That many lights it is possible you got the algae bloom because the plants needed the ferts.

For the swords if they look blah make sure to snip off any parts that aren't doing well so the plant puts its energy into new leaves instead of fixing ones with issues and add a couple root tabs right under them. It takes a while to get the right balance of everything sometimes!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Also I would give dwarf sag a try. I've had really good luck with it

Very nice, thanks for the info.
I started with a 40g breeder and two T8's one 5000k and one 6500k, some amazon swords, wisterias and anubias, gravel, root tabs and about ten hours of light. That lasted about a month till it exploded with algae. Cut down to 6 hours and didn't help. A year later after a tank clean up, I'm down to one T8 strip 6500k for 7 hours and the only plants left are a couple of the amazon swords and they are just fading away.
I don't seem to have a green thumb inside the aquarium :(

Lol, poor guy.
You scare me from trying aquarium plants. Same thing will probably happen to me.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

This is my 10g Endlers breeding tank. Substrate is a mix of leftover small grain gravel I had from other tanks. Basic kit lighting although it's corned by windows facing north and west so it's gets a decent amount of natural light as well. The taller vals are relatively new so they're still a bit yellowish. Not sure if I'm going to keep the java fern in there or not.

img_3191251_0_b48b650d4cd0415b676550efbff69d94.jpg

Here's my 29 gallon

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427324273.981125.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427324273.981125.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 88
My 16g, gravel substrate, basic lighting. The only thing planned in this tank was the dwarf sag in the front, everything else is just leftovers from other plants and projects.

img_3191614_0_842d244dfdd9d2254e828b4cff8de0c9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom