API Superclean Power Filter 5-20

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As soon as I get some money, I'm going to order one from drs foster and smith. Hey, you said you have the Aqueon 75? How are they? Do you use the 'wet-dry' part?

Yes I use it and they work well. 400gph and they aren't quiet. In order to make them quiet you need to take a piece of foam and place it where the water goes into the filter housing and boom you only hear the motor

Yes I use it and they work well. 400gph and they aren't quiet. In order to make them quiet you need to take a piece of foam and place it where the water goes into the filter housing and boom you only hear the motor

That's awesome! I took the wet-dry part out to increase the flow rate. I really can't wait to get one!

That's awesome! I took the wet-dry part out to increase the flow rate. I really can't wait to get one!

I tested it with and without and it seems flow rate is the same. I'm not 100% what the wet/dry piece aids in buy I think it helps oxygenate the water and I believe it can hold bb colonys. Not entirely sure to be honest. I guess I have some research in order or a call to aqueon

I tested it with and without and it seems flow rate is the same. I'm not 100% what the wet/dry piece aids in buy I think it helps oxygenate the water and I believe it can hold bb colonys. Not entirely sure to be honest. I guess I have some research in order or a call to aqueon

Great, now I'm debating if I should put it back in! Lol!

Back
Top Bottom