API Test Tube stoppers bulk buy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am out of town for a business trip right now, but I plan on doing the purchase as soon as I return. Can everyone who wants in on this PM me your shipping info. I will pull quantities from your posts here, unless you want a different amount or haven't responded yet. In those cases, include the quantity in your PM as well.

The place I'm looking at getting the stoppers from also sells clear plastic tubes. I have the ID and OD measurements, so finding a close match shouldn't be hard...B/C of the shipping charge, it probably isn't worth buying just 2, but I might be able to grab some along w/ the stoppers. The only thing is that these don't have a 5mL mark on them.

As far as the 5ml mark, I read someone took a syringe, without the needle, and measured that way. Except I don't know how to get syringes even without the needle unless you have a medical condition that requires it. Someone else tried and the people at the pharmacy said no because they didn't have a medical reason for them.

SharpieItBlack said:
As far as the 5ml mark, I read someone took a syringe, without the needle, and measured that way. Except I don't know how to get syringes even without the needle unless you have a medical condition that requires it. Someone else tried and the people at the pharmacy said no because they didn't have a medical reason for them.

You can buy them at just about any pharmacy. I got a 10 pack at Walgreens for use with medicine for my kids. They must have misunderstood and thought they wanted hypodermic needles

You can buy them at just about any pharmacy. I got a 10 pack at Walgreens for use with medicine for my kids. They must have misunderstood and thought they wanted hypodermic needles

I'll try that, what did you ask for? I don't want people thinking I'm trying to score drugs haha, I just want uniform test samples of water.

Just go to Walgreens and tell them that you want a 5ml syringe, they should have them and give them out free. I was nervous too but there is really no need to be. I got three for free and probably could have gotten more if they had them on hand.

Just go to Walgreens and tell them that you want a 5ml syringe, they should have them and give them out free. I was nervous too but there is really no need to be. I got three for free and probably could have gotten more if they had them on hand.

I like grabbed a child's medicine that had a syringe in it. I went to the pharmacy and was like I want one like this but larger and I got one. Hopefully this helps me get more accurate readings.

I'd be interested in 10 if this is still available. Thanks those api caps leak like crazy.

Just got back into my office, the order has been placed. I've got 850 :blink: of these things coming (that's the minimum order), so order up :)

Those of you that have PM'ed me will get a response w/ payment information. Once I receive these, I will get them into the mail ASAP.

Anyone else who wants in, PM me a quantity and shipping address, I will respond w/ payment info and amount.

Just a heads up on Paypal...they're dinging me left and right on fees (go figure :-/), so please select "Transfer" instead of "purchase" or whatever their terminology is, when making payment.

sorry, let me know if you need more to cover...

I think your payment was ok, but PayPal charges 30 cents plus 2.9% on "purchases", which is a significant amount on small transactions like this. Doing a simple transfer of funds, or send money to a friend type of thing (which must be what you did) doesn't result in any fees.

I did Transfer -> Other. There should be no fees on either end associated with this method. I suggest others use this method. Of course, we have no buyer protection this way, but we'll hunt Mr. Molavi down if we have to. ;-)

I did Transfer -> Other. There should be no fees on either end associated with this method. I suggest others use this method. Of course, we have no buyer protection this way, but we'll hunt Mr. Molavi down if we have to. ;-)

That's the way to do it. Thanks :)

As soon as they get to me, I'll pack 'n' send. Might be a few days, though, as my vendor is being buried in the blizzard outside of NYC.

No rush. I'll probably forget about it and then when it comes in the mail one day it will be a nice suprise.

The order is supposed to ship out today (that's what I was told yesterday). My supplier got backed up as they are located on Long Island and were buried in the blizzard last week. The good news is that UPS Ground from NYC to my house is usually just overnight, so these things should be in the mail to everyone who has bought them by Monday at the latest.

If they don't ship to me today, I'll update this post. I don't want folks thinking I've pulled a fast one on them.

Yaaaay, they shipped today. Should have everything in the mail to everyone at some point this weekend.

What 850 stoppers looks like...

Everyone who has sent payment will have theirs mailed out tomorrow.

ForumRunner_20130214_194100.jpg

Back
Top Bottom