Aqua scape feedback

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ali-fish

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all,

A friend of mine set up his aqua scape and it looks nice. Still to me I think there is something wrong with his set up.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426401840.868329.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426401886.394651.jpg

Or better to say, there is an area for improvement.

So what do you think? Any feedback?

========

It is always nice to believe that am a fish too .. For at least an hour each time

I told him that the scape is too high and close to the light. This will burn the corals and if not, small space for the corals to grow vertically. Another thing that it is crowded, flow should be tested to make sure that there is no dead spots.

========

It is always nice to believe that am a fish too .. For at least an hour each time

No one?

========

I really like it. They'll just need to find the right corals for the placement, or just no corals on the top pieces?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I love it! Those flat rocks would make perfect homes for some sps like rainbow monti's. They would spread awesome there. It's all about proper planning

was it epoxied together ,if not I would be afraid of some of those bridges to come down as some fish are always trying to rearrange.
especially the bridge with the big rock on top if it comes down it could break either the glass sides or even the bottom . also those flat rocks balanced on top of the rounded rocks

Personally I think it turned out awesome! I think you just have to place the proper corals higher up, or maybe not even place corals on the top shelves. Just because they're there doesn't mean they have to hold a coral!

The only thing I would make sure is that the bridges are either glued together or securely placed there so the fish don't ruin them

It looks unnatural to me. I like to try to make my tanks look as much like the natural reef environment as possible. This looks man-made. I'm not a fan of eggcrate inside the display for the same reason. How did you get the rock shelf attached to the overflow?
I also think the lights are too close. Are they sitting on the glass? You will get tired of that pretty quickly.

Minimalist and bonsai aquascapes can be very nice if done properly.

I would google image that, as I can see where you are trying to go.

Sometimes less is more if done right.

I like it, but don't love it. It looks too "busy" with too too many of those overhangs. One here or there is fine but that seems excessive. It also looks a little wonky because of the lighting. It's waaaaay not even. lol

for a fish only tank it would be fine, for a true reef it's crowded, IMHO.

for a reef tank you need to be able to see into the future when scaping and think in terms of what it will look like in a year after corals are established and growing.

Back
Top Bottom