Aquascaping Plans for the 50gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Japola44

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so below is the picture of what I want my 50gal too look like. Its a birds eye veiw.

This is a rough draft so suggestion are welcomed. Also, I know on the terrace i could use more plants, but I don't know what kind. I would like a lot of variety. How ever it may vary depending on if I am able to get my hands on some plants. Hopefully through Aqua Bid I can get a lot of them. I want to keep the Foreground realativly plan so I can see my corys playing.

Also what do you think of the stocking? Could I add more fish? I'd like to add a school of lemon tetras or something similar in size. They can't be too small or else my african butterfly fish will nip at them.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• 50galplans_969.jpg
    50galplans_969.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 122
Looks like a good plan but I like planting plants in odd numbers greater or less that 3 like amano but his is rule is just plant plants in odd numbers.

ok so i have made some changes to the plans.
I ma going to be moving the prime-rose willow to on the terrace and replace it with anubias nana on the foreground
also insted of the penny wort i listed in the picture, I am use a different type called Hydrocotyle sibthorpioides.
The octopus plant is also being replaced by Vallisneria nana

Still looking for opinons... if you have questions or don't understand the aquascaping plans I'd be willing to explain them to get your 2 cents on it.

I am no aquascaper, but I like it. Filling in the large blank area of the terrace with ludwigia species would be nice. H. polysperma "Sunset" is hard to keep in place and you may want to give it more side to side room to fill out.

How about a second terrace where you can limit the glosso carpet while keeping an open foreground for the cories?

I think I am going to get a different plant other than the sunset. I read a few articles online saying that they will randomly day after a year or so.

I think the second terrace is a good idea I will add it infront of the other one but make it shorter. I also wanted to lay down pvc pipe under the terrace to make caves. Hopefully next week when i get back in town and my eco complete gets here I can start building it and post pictures.

Back
Top Bottom