Aquaticplants.com is it legit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reykur

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I'm wondering if this site is legit, I ordered some plants from them 3 days ago and am kind of worried about whether they are a legit site that will send me plants.

4 days ago I emailed them asking them if they would ship legal plants to CA residents, no response yet. 3 days ago I ordered 4 types of plants using their basic ground shipping method (because I'm kind of broke tbh, ordering a 5 gallon kit and everything needed to set up a shrimp tank took all my disposable income for the month, and I haven't even gotten any shrimp yet) on the order complete page it says they will email me when the item has shipped. I have not gotten an email after 3 days and I'm starting to worry. I know I selected the slowest method of shipping, but I would think they would have gotten to me about the next thing, which is that one of the plants I ordered is restricted and illegal in CA, this was an accident and so I emailed them yesterday about switching it with a legal, same cost or less substitute. Still no emails from them.

So are they legit? Or have I been scammed? Not trying to be pessimistic, but the lack of email communication, and little to no information on their site (my order page) is making me nervous.

Buyer beware, read online review of websites before you buy from them. Never making that mistake again.
According to the majority of reviews, they should not be bought from.
They also charged me twice, 2 different amounts (one for the order itself, and one for less that I never ok'ed) so I have a fraud claim in with my bank, and if they don't ship the plants in 15 days, they will press legal action for the reseller to be held accountable, while refunding my money.
Mark (owner of the site) if you read this, just know that people don't appreciate this. Either you are trying to legally rip people off, which I have seen before and recognize, or you're simply not able to upkeep your business and are uncaring and rude to clients due to that. Whatever the case is, if I had a business, and read (200+!) negative reviews online about my customer service, satisfaction and product integrity; instead of acting like a defensive child (every negative review is accompanied by a review of how you acted towards your clients, and they all reflect how callous, rude and uncaring you have been towards people who have both tried to come to an understanding and work with you, and people who have been straightforward in asking for a refund. Many reviews attest to your charging for expensive, fast shipping methods and actually fulfilling orders using the slowest and cheapest means possible. This is considered fraud by many) I would ACT to prove them wrong by tightening up my business practices. Anything less than that is not enough, and you should not be in business if you aren't prepared to compete in the market by providing competitive pricing, customer service, and quality assurance. These are the basics of any business course, and should be taken seriously, as it can lead to legal actions being taken by financial institutions to shut your business down, and the financial responsibility that comes along with that is... Unpleasant.

I'm waiting for the plants to review the condition, but PlantDrafts (found on Etsy) has been prompt and professional. Giving me free snails with my purchase of some plants. :D

I was just looking at the instruction sheet that came with an Amazon order from Greenpro and noticed the domain name of www.AquaticPlants.us! I did a domain name lookup of AquaticPlants.com, and while the name is taken, there is no current website with that domain name, though there appears to be at least one other website (with different urls) that go by that name.

So, I have no idea if www.AquaticPlants.us is the same company, but I was very pleased with my order and will likely order from Greenpro again. They seem to have good reviews on Amazon, and Amazon should offer fraud protection. YMMV

Different companies.
The order ended up shipping on the 14th day (15 and my bank would refund it) and then all but 1 section of 1 plant (i salvaged it and it's doing great now) was still alive and usable. No contact, shipping updates or otherwise. At least I got hornwort for $20 I guess...

Back
Top Bottom