Aquiring a snakehead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishCrazyBenBOMB

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone long time no see.

Recent events got me interested in snakeheads again and had a few questions I thought up.

I know they are illegal in a lot if not all of the US and I know when you catch them your suppose to kill them instantly. I'm just wondering if there is a legal way to purchase or adopt a small snakehead and maybe sign some kind of no breeding no wild releasing contract.

Any info wouldbe great I'll be trying to do some research on my own obviously but when I get the time so I thought I would ask for a little help.

Thanks
Ben

I did some research. turns out te are an "invasive species" and hve been banned from sale in the US, but you can sometimes find them for sale to eat at asian grocery stores.

I knew both of those pieces of information but thanks for taking the time to help.

I was more looking for someone who might have kept or is keeping one and wondering if you can talk to your local dnr to maybe get a license or permit to keep a one or two.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom