are dwarf corydoras tight schoolers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

krap101

Aquarium Advice Addict
okay i have around 3-4 corydoras pygmaeus. i was wondering if they'd school more if i got more or if they'd just stay the same

hmm because at the store there was like 10 and they werent really schooling so i was wondering

I have like 8 corys in my 75. They hang out with each other, but they don't school. However, I do have a mixture of albino, bronze, schwartz and julii

Same here Malkore. I have 6 in my 75 and they may occasionally sit on the gravel next to each other but that's it. It could be b/c they are not all the same species, I'm not sure. I thought that they'd school more.

A while back I kept 10 pygmy cories in one of my tanks, and I would have to agree that they hang out together but don't really school.

My 3 cories seem to stay and swim with each other a lot. Maybe it's because they're in only a 10 gal right now, I don't know though.

Cories don't tend to school with different species although they will definetely shoal. Schooling is best seen with 6+ cories of the same species. I have also that if fish are in an environment with a recognized predator (Even if they aren't the predators prey) or aggressive fish, they will be more prone to school.

Back
Top Bottom