are my fish ok??? HELP!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishytime

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i just got 3 pink gourami early this morning and they have been fine in the tank all day playing with each other(kissing)and checking out the tank, i went to cut the light off for bed and they all started to raise there little spines on there backs and went behind the wood decor i have, are they just not used to there new home yetin the dark? are they just being cautious? should i worry about anything????? i dont want my new fish to be unhappy or ...die............please help

Normal for those fish. The "kissing" is not friendly and they are establishing heirarchy. Once they have that sorted out, that behavior should subside. Give them time to adjust.

this morning i woke up to find them playing tag again,,i guess there fine then....? sometimes they try to catch the tetras but they swim in the wood real quick so they give up.. i think its all good..

Keep an eye out for prolonged aggression. "Kissers" are truly best on their own or in a pair situation and you may end up needing to remove one or two to restore the peace at some point.

ok,also i was wondering,wouldnt you think my tetras would be schooling some with the gourami in there now?? they stay in a group most of the time but no schooling at all. i was reading a post of that girl who had got a dwarf gourami and she had tetras and they started schooling right away

The tetras will school with one another, not the gourami. As their comfort level increases about not being prey for the larger fish, that school will tend to loosen. What type of tetra are they? Some definitely school better than others.

As long as your water parameters are good and you have good practices, I think they'll settle in over time.

Back
Top Bottom