Are these guppies or platies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To me that looks like mollies but I do see the Platy side aswell but they r defo not guppies ?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They look like juvenile panda platties to me...but I'm just going by the ones I saw at my LFS last week. :/

Molly or Platys, definitely doesn't look like guppy. Given the more uniform body shapes past the anal fin, rather than thinning as the picture of the guppy indicates.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I agree with ^

A Molly or Platy. Most certainly not a guppy.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

All I know is that they are all female and none of them are pregnant. Since all of my platies are male these are (as far as I'm concerned) mollies.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Aquarium Advice mobile app

All I can say about this is that I only recognize gold dust mollies in your pics. No influence of guppies at all.

Well, I'm sticking to my reply. They're gold dust mollies. Definitely!
Not to be arrogant but there's no single doubt about this.

It's not a platy, nor a guppy nor a hybrid between one of them... It's just a fancy molly. Overhere you see lots of them in most of our lfs's.

This Livebearer and killifish convention we had last September two entries of gold dust mollies had to be judged as well during the show we had overthere. Unfortunately, I had to disqualify both entries for both females of both pairs were sick.

If entries of fish are clearly sick, they'll be taken out of the competition. I'm also judging livebearers in both Germany and Holland for the past two years now.

Lol yesterday I thought those first two blurry pics on my phone looked more like platy, but now that I've seen the other posted pics on my comp, def. molly.
Sorry! XD

Back
Top Bottom