Asking for advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I believe, I read about 20% of your main tank is a good guide, so to answer your question, yes. I would wait for other's personal experience/knowledge.

+++EDIT+++

WELCOME TO AA!!!

Welcome to AA :D

The fuge is 20 gal or is it incorporated into the sump? Either way 20 gal is better then nothing.

Main purpose of a sump is to hide equipment and add extra water volume. Main purpose of the fuge is to reduce no3/po4 using SW plants and to provide a safe place for pods to cultivate.

ACK, I missed the whole question! LOL! Thanks for catching that, Micah!

I agree that 20 gallons is better than nothing but the bigger the better. Will this be part sump part refugium or all refugium.

wet/dry or refuguim

I have a 55 gal now with an enhiem canister filter. I just ordered a 95 Gal tank thats predrilled. My friend has a refugium and is selling his wet/dry. He likes the refugium. what's better? I can buy his 13 gal wet/dry with built in skimmer or build a 20 or 30 gal refugium?? I'm starting to go reef with the 55 and will contiue when I setup the 95 Gal.

Yep, the 30 gal (or larger) fuge sounds great. The wet/dry would not be large enough to make any difference in water volume and would likely cause excess no3 also.

Are you getting a 90 gal corner tank or regular 90 gal (48" long 18" wide)

It called a wave tank. If you haven't seen one, picture a regular tank but as you get past 1/2 way it waves out. Like an ocean wave. So you both agree to go fuge?
It's 48 long 18 wide on one side then waves out to i believe 25 in. Not sure of the hieght. It looks like a stand 90/95 high

Yes on the fuge. My lfs sells wave tanks so I'm familiar with them :) You should have enough room for the 30 gal.

Is that wave tank something you got at a Petco/Petsmart? I think I may have seen one this past weekend. It seems cleaning the wave part might get tough.....If you are talking about the one I saw....

I would think petco etc would carry it. I'm getting this from a lfs that's not a chain type of store. It looks like my magnet cleaner will handle the wave with no problems.
I did a quick search here's what they look like. http://www.elmersaquarium.com/h109_95wave.htm

Well I suppose fuge it is. :) If I made a fuge with a 20 or 30 Gal tank. what size pump do you think I should get for it.

That's not the same one I saw. That looks like it is a much better design, than the one I saw.

Pump will depend on the gph of you overflow. Get one that that flows the max at the head height you have.

Fuges are great. I have a fuge that is a 25 gal rubbermaid sitting in a 75 gal rubbermaid stock tank. I have about 50 lbs of LR in the rest of the sump. Refugiums are great nutrient exporters.

Back
Top Bottom