Astrophotography: Deep Sky Objects

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks all!

Here are a couple more I got over the weekend.

M81 and M82: Bodes Galaxy on the left and the cigar galaxy on the right. There is a small galaxy in the upper left as well.

M13: The great globular cluster in Hercules. This is a collection of around 240000 stars located within our galaxy. This one is visible to the naked eye if you have a very dark location and very good eyes.

A few more images to add to the collection, for anyone interested:

Iris Nebula:

Omega Nebula:

Trifid and Lagoon Nebulas:

Those are awesome! What state do you live in? I can't see like any stars here :/

I live in northern Illinois near Chicago.

No one can see stars like that with their naked eye :). These are hours and hours of exposure time through a telescope.

I live in northern Illinois near Chicago.

No one can see stars like that with their naked eye :). These are hours and hours of exposure time through a telescope.

Yup I gotcha! And thats really an awesome hobby!

For anyone interested, have a bunch more images we have gotten over the past few months:

soulnebula.jpg

Soul Nebula

M92.jpg

Globular Cluster M92

heartnebula1.jpg

Heart Nebula

M16-Eagletake2.jpg

Eagle Nebula

m31a.jpg

Andromeda Galaxy

Last edited:
M33.jpg

Triangulum Galaxy

M63.jpg

Sunflower Galaxy

m39.jpg

M39: An Open Cluster in Cygnus

NGC2811.jpg

Pacman Nebula and Eta Cas

Last edited:
And a few more...
M103: An Open Cluster
m103.jpg

M71, a globular cluster near the galactic plane
M71.jpg

M74: A spiral galaxy in Pisces
M74r.jpg

Here is the one from last night:

M29: The Cooling Tower (Open Cluster)
M29.jpg

Thanks! We may try to grab some captures of it though we are really set up for more wide field type targets. There wouldn't be much more detail than a smudge with it. It should be a cool astronomical event though if it makes it around the sun without breaking up.

I think my jaw literally dropped. I would love to be able to get images like that one day!

Back
Top Bottom